15

1st of November, 2018

"Yoongi, I'll go buy some groceries," Su said as she put on her shoes.

"Do I come with you?" I asked non-chalantly, my eyes fixed on the TV screen.

"No, I'll be quick," She said, grabbing her keys.

I grabbed my phone, unlocking it to check the time before I looked back at my girlfriend. "It's late."

She rolled her eyes. "It's only ten."

She approached me, quickly settling a peck on my cheek and walking out of the apartment. I sat still, my gaze falling back on the screen.

A few minutes passed, and I felt my eyelids growing heavier by each second. I closed my eyes for a second.

My phone rang, and I flinched, sitting straight and answering without reading the caller's ID.

"Hello?" I said, rubbing my eyes with my fingers.

"Am I speaking to Min Yoongi?" A masculine voice said. I put my phone away to read the caller's ID. It read Su.

I put the phone back on my ear. "Yes. And you are?"

"Are you Lee Su's family?" He asked.

"I'm her boyfriend," I said. "Why?"

His next words passed by me in a blur, it took my mind a few moments to process. I took in a sharp breath, repeating his words in my mind over and over again to make sure I heard him correctly.

"Lee Su was involved in a traffic accident.... "

Only the first sentence caught me off guard, and I found myself pacing around the place like a maniac, leaving my apartment and running through the streets, making my way to the hospital.

The doctors had stopped when I arrived, and I again had to repeat their words to comprehend them.

"I'm very sorry, we lost her."

I sat silently, furrowing my eyebrows and slightly shaking my head left and right every now and then.

It's a dream.

Wake up, Yoongi.

But whenever I closed my eyes and opened them again, I still found myself in the white corridors, the smell of disinfectant attacking my nostrils and the white light making my head pound.

I felt nauseous.

Lee Su is dead, said my conscience.

And I refused to believe it.

You won't remember that when you wake up.

It finally hit me, and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

I wasn't crying because she died, but because I won't remember anything about her ever again.

Because everything she's done for me had gone in vain.

Because I let our memories disappear, our memories that no one but us knew about, and it was my fault.

"Maybe your mind hid them, because they're too precious, those memories"