17

12th of November, 2018

I remove all the sticky notes that filled my room. Green, yellow and pink, to reveal the white walls beneath which I haven't seen in so long.

Or have I?

I slide my hands over my desk, throwing away all the papers and the notes.

I stand in front of the sink, my hand furiously rubbing on my arm to remove the ink, my pale skin growing red as the words I had written start to fade into nonexistence.

I open the cabinet, and grab the black dye, changing my hair to how it used to be before the accident.

I pick up my journal, and click my lighter. I bring the flame closer to the worn out brown leather cover, and watch it slowly burn with the peige pages inside.

I leave it on the bathroom floor, then bring all the photos and videos of that woman, and throw them in the growing fire in the bathroom.

I fill the bathtub, watching the water fall and hit the white porcelain. Soon enough, the water starts overflowing, and I step back, my eyes still on the water that's now trying to take control of the flames.

My phone rings, and I pick it up without checking the caller's ID.

"Yoongi! What's up, bud?" Jin's voice comes from the other line.

"Nothing," I say. "Just burning old memories. Memories I don't know about."

"Are you okay?" Jin's voice softens, lacing with worry. "Do you want me to come over?"

I shake my head even though he doesn't see me. "I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure thing."

"If there's a fire, and you put water, but only on the ground, will the fire stop?" I ask.

The silence that came after my question let me know I shouldn't've asked. I hear shuffling, clinks, and a muffled bang.

"What are you talking about?" He asks, and I know it wasn't the question he wanted to know the answer of.

"Don't come," I say. "Everything's fine."

"You're not burning anything, are you? Literally, bㅡ burning?" He says through heavy breaths.

I shrug. "Kind of. I don't know. They're already burnt anyway so no need, right? Those memories, I mean."

"Yoongi, please put down the fire. Don't do anything you'll regret later." He hangs up, and I know it's because he's calling the emergency.

Do anything I'll regret later? I have nothing to regret.

It's not like I'll remember I did it anyway.