• 24

Pharaoh's pov

; Flashback

My eyebrows furrowed together as I saw lights of a hospital room. I looked around at everyone looking at me.

"Bout damn time yo ass woke up,"Raquil chuckled.

"Where my Chester Fries nigga?"I laughed then coughed.

"Ion think you want em no mo'. They a month old,"he said.

"Nigga you bout em yesterday. I'm not eating no hospital food,"I sucked my teeth.

"You was in a coma fo' a month youngin',"Ahmir said.

"Damn,"I mumbled.

The door opened and Zariah's frame appeared. Everyone had a hard look on their faces as soon as she came in.

"You here fo' what?"Raquil glared at her.

"Not for you,"she said making her way to me.

The doctor came in and talked about everything that I went through for the past month.

"According to your insurance and hospital records, you've been missing your speech lessons,"the doctor said looking at his clipboard.

"Speech lessons?"Zariah asked.

"Uh yes, Pharaoh's speech is kinda incomprehensible. His words are to much together and jumbled. He's dyslexic too,"

"Mane you done spreading my business? The only person that knows that is Raquil,"I spoke.

"You need those lessons Pharaoh,"the doctor said with concern then leaving the room.

"Well I'm not going,"I decided.

"It's good for you,"Zariah said touching my face.

"You the one that set him up so why you still here?"Seba said to her which made me look at her.

"I didn't set him up,"she said looking at me then touching my hand.

I pulled it away from her,"Nah now I remember. You was working fo' Royce. Fuck away from me,"I told her.

"Pharaoh I didn't set you up,"her voice cracked.

"Get her out here,"I told them.

  Over the past few months I've been good. I haven't thought about Zariah and I realized it might've been lust that I had for her.

It was hard not to think about her and everything that happened between us. She did try to repair things between us and reach out to me but then she gave up and changed. All together she never spoke to me again and I never spoke to her.

I owe her an apology because everything happened mainly because of me. I blamed her for the wrong reasons. The night I got shot wasn't because of Royce's mob but I blamed her for that.

I continue to go to my speech lessons and I've been focusing on Milan and my Mawmaw. Everyone changed ever since I was in the hospital. None of us really speak anymore.

I been designing new clothes and started customizing Air Forces.

  At the moment, I went to the gym and got some workouts done.

"Hey I heard about you getting shot. You ok?"I heard Bianca's voice.

"I'm cool,"I said dryly to her.