• 25

Pharaoh's pov

Everyone stood in the rain with umbrellas around the wet surrounding. Over 1,000 people were here and majority are strangers.

After the pastor spoke I was next to speak. Zariah squeezed my hand as I forced myself to walk onto the podium.

I sniffled then took a deep breathe,"This was the life of a three year old beautiful angel. My beautiful niece who I grew to love as my own. Now she's in heaven with her father who loved her so much. I love Milan with all my heart man—"I broke down completely. Less than two minutes.

Zariah and Raquil came rushing to me and Zariah held me as I cried till I was on the floor.

"Why'd you leave me? Why's everyone keep leaving?"I cried.

"That's not true,"Zariah said.

"Yes the fuck it is! You know that shit too! You said you hated me! You couldn't give a fuck about me!"I screamed at her feeling my veins pop out my neck. And she let me.

She nodded,"You got so much to say bout me so let everyone else know wassup,"

I looked at my friends and anger poured over me,"I don't got much words fo' y'all because y'all forgot we were brothas! Y'all forgot about Milan! Now look where she's at!"

They were all quiet and my Mawmaw was too as I lashed out. They all hugged me which started making Zariah cry more.

Zariah dragged me back to our seats as Raquil's turn to speak approached.

"I wish I was there more often. I wish I was the old Raquil that used to have all the time in the world for my niece. Life is limited. I didn't keep my promise toward her father. He told us to watch over her and protect her but I failed him. I'm sorry Milan and I'm sorry Hakeem,"he spoke before crying at her casket.

  Soon everyone's speeches went by and before they closed her casket I took my chain and put it around her neck. I moved her hair out her face and gave her one last kiss.

Her casket was closed and put six feet under. Many people put flowers on top of her casket.

;

   A few days later reporters were following me and asking questions about Milan. Her death caught the attention of New York.

I never pay reporters mind because they bullshit everything.

I sat in the living room watching outside the balcony screen doors as the snow flowing down. I heard my room door open and soft steps.

"Hey,"Zariah said softly touching both my shoulders from behind the couch.

She talks to me even if I don't answer. I haven't really spoken.

As a coincidence she said,"I talk to you even when you don't answer because I know you're listening. You always listen to me unless we get into an argument,"

"You eat yet?"she asked me and I shook my head no,"Hungry?"she asked.

I shook my head no again and she sighed softly coming around the couch and sitting on my lap. My arm wrapped around her waist as her hand smoothed out my waves.

"I wanna play Fortnite,"she reached for a controller.

"Thought you ain't liked that game?"My voice sounded lost and raspy.

"Ew, don't talk,"she made a stank face.

I croaked out a laugh then stopped and got serious,"Why you here Zariah?"

"You don't want me here?"she asked standing up from my lap.

"Nah baby girl,"I pulled her back on me,"You said you hated me."

"I-I wanted to hate you but I couldn't,"she said.

I nodded,"I heard you found someone else,"I spoke.

"I'm not dating anyone but I've been speaking to someone,"she said sliding off my lap.

"I hate thinking bout you wit someone else,"I told her truthfully.

"I'm not with anyone. We just talk but it's been a few weeks since I've seen him last,"she shrugged.

I nodded and eventually we conversed about different topics. Seeing her made me happier than I've ever been this week.

She checked her phone,"I gotta watch Ayla today,"

"I miss lil baby. Bring her by here,"I suggested thinking bout Milan.

"You su—"

"Yes,"I cut her off quickly and looked at my lock screen of Milan and I.

"I miss her,"Zariah said lowly.

Her just saying those words made my emotions got wild and I couldn't hold back the pain and tears.

"I tri-tried to stop her,"I cried on Zariah's chest.

"I know you did,"she wiped my tears. She even shed a few tears.

"I wish it was me,"I whispered.

Milan's POV

All the kids with perfect bodies and perfect souls played around joyfully. Milan stayed in her little corner since she didn't know anyone and she was afraid.

Her body felt new and pure. The cuts on her had disappeared and she wasn't in pain.

"Don't be afraid,"a voice spoke.

"Wheres Uncle Akhil and Z?"her small frame looked around and her eyes focused on a beautiful figure.

"They're at home. They miss you,"

"Then why don't I go back to them? I wanna go back,"her pink lips trembled and water spilled out the brims of her eyes.

"It's ok. I have a surprise for you,"

She sniffled and the memories on her time on earth came flooding back. She didn't remember these things while on earth but in heaven she was able to.

Her father smiled widely at his beautiful daughter who witnessed his death.

"Daddy!"she ran to him joyfully.

Her dad chocked up on his words and hugged her like never before. This time he knew she wasn't going anywhere and he knew he wasn't going anywhere either.