• 31

Haven't written in a minute. But anyway back to the book..

Pharaoh's pov

I turned down the music in my store as I debated on calling Zariah. We haven't even really spoken in two months. We've been in contact here and there but just little conversations. She wanted to start over so I granted that to her and now we barely speak. I think about her everyday but never have the courage to call her.

Last time we spoke she made it clear she just "wanna be friends" and not get back together at all. I finally felt like I had the courage to talk to her.

I let the Facetime call ring and waited till I saw "connecting..." on my screen.

"You really wanna be friends?"I asked her as I watched her sit crossed legged on her bed with her laptop on her lap.

"I think it's best that we're friends only."she shrugged.

"But for what? I don't wanna be friends. I want you to be my soon to be wife. I want you to have my kids and some more shit—"

"Well I don't know what to tell you.. you thought it was okay to go out and link with Bianca. Not only that, she gave you a lap dance at a party."she said lowly.

"I was drunk Zariah! I don't know how many times we gon have his conversation bro!"I yelled.

"Pharaoh you made that decision to get drunk and meet with her. This is your fault. Matter of fact how about we just don't be in contact at all, I'll take care of me and this baby by myself."she spoke quickly then hung up.

As soon as she said "this baby", my heart froze. She's pregnant and didn't say anything.

I picked up my phone and called her numerous times but she didn't answer so I called Ayla's mom, Angie to see if she knew.

  "Pharaoh what are you calling me for?"she answered with an attitude.

  "You knew Zariah was pregnant?"I asked.

  "I mean yeah.. that's my best friend."she sucked her teeth.

  "She just told me and now she won't answer my calls."

  "That's ya fault nigga bye."she said then hung up.

  I kicked the chair then grabbed my keys and speeded to Zariah's house.

  As soon as I got there I banged on her door like I was the police. I heard her footsteps and then she screamed at the top of her lungs, "Pharaoh go away!"

For someone who doesn't want me around her she sure forgot there was a key in the crack of the brick pathway.

I unlocked the door and she stood there with a knife in her hand.

  "Put it down,"I said calmly walking over to her.

She pulled her hand back as I stepped close to her. I snatched the knife from her hand and threw it across the floor.

  "You crazy?"I asked.

  "Get out."she demanded.

I lifted her over my shoulders and she bit me but I kept going up the stairs. I went into her bedroom and put her down.

"Why you ain't tell me you pregnant?"I said fiercely.

She didn't answer me and sat down on the bed. So we sat in silence. I wasn't moving until she answered me.

  Hours went by, she fell asleep at one point then was aggravated to see I was still there when she woke up.

She got out the bathroom, when she opened the door with a towel wrapped around her I grabbed her and kissed her.

She tried to pull away then I slowly slid my hand near her pussy knowing that she would give in. I roughly put two fingers in her making her moan into my mouth.

I added another finger and played with her.

"S-st-stop, I'm bout to—" she stammered trying to catch her breathe.

"Answer my question,"I said and licked her clit as she squirmed.

She pinched me making me stop and then looked at me with hatred in her eyes.

"Leave me alone,"she said walking past me to her draws to get clothes and then into the bathroom again.

"This girl bro.."I mumbled to myself.

After awhile of waiting for her to get out the bathroom she still didn't come out so I knocked on the door but heard nothing.

I pushed my body into the door and it opened eventually. She was looking at the little baby bump in the mirror that had formed with tears down her face.

I kneeled down on one knee and kissed her belly. Her belly was bigger of course. I felt a little touch on my face as I pressed my face against her belly.

She starred down at me and sniffled. I felt a little kick and smiled.

"That's my baby,"I touched her belly with water at the brims of my eyes. I held Zariah's hands,"We're having a baby."I wiped my tears.

She smiled for the first time since I seen her.

"How long?"I asked her.

"Two months.."she said quietly.

  For the rest of the afternoon we went out and I took her to a restaurant then eventually we were talking outside of her house in the car.

  "Still wanna be friends?"I asked turning down the music.

  "I think that's best."she sighed.

  "Can I still be apart of the baby's life?"

  "I can't stop you from seeing the baby. That wouldn't be right."

  "When's your next appointment?"I looked at her.

  "On Saturday."

  "Ok text me the time and place,"I unlocked the car doors as she gathered her stuff,"Come here."

  "We not kissing,"she spoke quickly.

  "I wasn't gonna kiss you,"I sucked my teeth touching her belly,"I just wanna feel your belly again."

  "You was touching it all day. Bye Pharaoh,"she rolled her eyes.

  I kissed her cheek and forehead and she pushed me away then got out.