• 33

Zariah's pov

  "Hi mamas,"I tickled my sweet almost two year old as she awoke from a nap.

She wasn't having it though and was grumpy. She wiped her eyes and coughed roughly.

I picked her up and felt her head which was burning up so I checked her temperature.

"102.4"I read to myself.

I gave her medicine but she kept moving her head and knocked it out my hand.

"Listen lil girl I'm tryna help you. Stop being bad,"I held her face and poured it into her mouth.

She cried and tried to hit me with her bottle. I gave her some juice and calmed her down a lil bit. I took a picture of her and posted it on my Instagram.

@vvs

@vvs.riah : my baby such a brat. she knocked her
medicine right tf outta my hand 💕💀. so bad and now she laughing.

I went downstairs with her and made her some macaroni with cut up chicken nuggets. My phone rang and it was her stupid ass daddy.

"Yo,"he spoke.

"Yes?"I asked.

"You gon stop me from seeing my baby or can I come pick her up today?"he asked with a attitude.

"It's still Sund—"

"It's Monday and it's my week to have her,"he said cutting me off.

"Fine."I sucked my teeth hanging up.

Him and I got into a argument last week and I told him he couldn't see her anymore. We have a court order which states he has her for the weekends during the fall and winter and we switch every week for the summer.

"Your daddy always wanna take you away from me,"I fed her tiny pieces of the nuggets.

After feeding her I put her in her crib while I got her baby bag ready for her. She be screaming her head off when she's in her crib.

This lil girl threw her pacifier on the floor and her bottle spilling all the apple juice on the floor.

"Why you giving your mama a hard time?"Pharaoh's voice echoed throughout the room.

"How'd you even get in?"I sucked my teeth and went to go get paper towels and a rag.

I came back and he was holding her but she was still crying.

"Z she's hot,"he said taking off her onesie.

"I know she has a fever. I gave her medicine already,"I told him wiping up the floor.

He put the thermometer in her mouth again.

"It's 107.3. We gotta take her to the hospital,"he grabbed her baby bag and I went to go put some leggings on.

"Can you like put some clothes on her?"I asked rolling my eyes and pushed him out the way so I can put her onesies on her bottom half and a tank top on her upper body.

  The drive to the hospital was quiet. I sat in the back while he drove. We got checked in and waited a few minutes for the doctor.

"Isis-Rose White,"a nurse called.

We got up and Isis kept moving around in Pharaoh's arms and screaming throughout the hospital. She was not having it.

The nurse did her job and we waited for the doctor to come in which was taking forever so I was pissed.

"Why ya face like that?"Pharaoh asked.

"Because I'm annoyed the fuck. Where's the doctor?"I said getting up opening the door.

"Come on bro sit,"Pharaoh pulled my arm and dragged me to the chair.

I rolled my eyes and pushed his arm off me,"Don't touch me."

He touched my cheeks and pinched my nose,"Fix ya face then the fuck,"he mimicked me.

"Hello I'm Dr. Andrews sorry for the wait,"he spoke applying hand sanitizer.

"It's cool,"Pharaoh said.

"What's going on with Miss Isis today?"he said making funny faces at her.

Pharaoh looked at me and I looked at him.

"She has a high fever,"I said taking her from Pharaoh.

He checked her temperature then a nurse came in and gave her something for her fever to go down. We were in the hospital for a good three going on four hours.

"Hungry?"Pharaoh asked moving next to me.

"You bout to go get something to eat?"I asked.

"Yea but not for you,"

"So why ask idiot?"I sucked my teeth.

"I'm joking mamas—"

"Don't call me that. I'm not your girlfriend."

"No one said you were but you seem like you wanna be my shorty again. Sorry baby momma I'm cuffed."he smiled.

"Whatever Pharaoh get out my face."I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Pharaoh."he mocked me in a high pitched voice.

"I don't sound like that."we said at the same time.

Iris started waking up slowly and looked around the room and didn't see us so started crying.

"You're a lil brat, you know that?"I moved over to her and played with her little hands. She stopped crying as soon as she saw me.

The doctor came in after a few minutes and took whatever they gave her out her arm then checked her temperature.

We were all set to leave but needed to monitor her.

Pharaoh drove to my house and we gave her a bath since it was late.

"Yo?"he said coming into my room as I put baby lotion on Isis.

"Yea?"

"Mind if I crash here tonight? I don't feel like driving."he spoke slowly.

"Don't think that's a good idea.."I said.

"I'll sleep in the guest room Zariah."he said temptingly.

I sighed and put a onesie on Isis,"Go ahead I guess."

"What you looking at stinky butt?"Pharaoh tickled Isis.

I laughed at her hitting him and he looked at me then I stopped.

"I don't know if she get that from you or what but my baby gonna be a fighter just like you."he said to me.

I shook my head and soon Pharaoh disappeared with Isis and I went to go take a shower.

As I walked past the guest room door I heard him on the phone with someone that sounded like a female.

I decided to mind my damn business. Not my man, not my problem.