Chapter 1

(2018) Copyright. This entire book and its characters are 100% written by me and me only. If anything from this book is copied or taken without permission, it will be a violation/infringement under law.

#thewildflowerawards

An Intro to my book- This is a fun trailer I made for it :) let me know what you think! -->

Who would have thought that the future of the world could consist of a deadly virus potentially wiping out the entire human race?

The first time I had heard that there is a virus spreading, I thought it was associated with brain-eating monsters and bloody agonizing bites. I wish that was the case because at least then I would know that there's still a chance of survival and to avoid being sick. However, it's in us.

The virus. The worst thing about this virus was that no one is safe. Nobody. It breaks out of nowhere attacking your mind first and then the body. It was the beginning of this horrifying sickness, but it felt as if everyone and everything was already dead and gone. It had been weeks. The world started to feel empty and quiet. It felt lonely. Except, I had Noah. My boyfriend.

When the virus first broke out, most people ran away from the city. Since it was a large population, the city was rapidly infected. People got sick and died from it or in most disturbing cases, they went mad and killed others. We call them the 'crazed'. That's what happened to Elena, my little sister. She couldn't take it anymore and tore apart her own body.

Noah and I ran toward the North of Alberta, into the woods where we camped out and rested for a week. We had gathered snacks and water supplies before we left the city. A lot of people did.

Noah and I brought our tent with us and built it in the woods. We figured that not many people would go toward the wilderness to be safe from the 'crazed' and virus.

"Millie," Noah said, staring up at the sky. We laid in our tent and let our eyes roam the sky from the open peek.

"Noah," I said smirking, watching his smile slowly spread from the sound of his name.

"Do you think this all will be over?"

"What? The virus? I really hope so. I mean, they say that it's the end of the world and how it's going to get each one of us slowly; one by one. But who knows? The government always says a lot of things".

With his eyes never leaving the night sky, I feel him intertwining his hand with mine. "No".

Noah looks at me, his muscles tense up, and I could tell he was restless, "No. Do you think me and you will be over?"

"No. no." I look into his eyes, and rolled over to face him. I kissed his lips and felt them tremble.

"I love you, Millie."

"I love you too, Noah." I smile at the loving sound of those magical words that always made my heart warm whenever they left his lips.

Moving forward, I inch closer and climb on top of him. Our eyes taking each other in as I lift my shirt over my head. He gets up a bit to remove his too, "It's not going to be over, Noah".

I unbuckle his belt. Our lips lock again, this time it felt warm and passionate. Our bodies intertwined together, synchronized; moving as one.
------------------------------