Chapter 23

I had eventually passed out in Isaac's arms

I had eventually passed out in Isaac's arms. I didn't expect that to happen right as we held one another. The medication and injections made me feel quite drowsy and agitated, but just like with any drug, the feeling ignited sparks of euphoria.

I woke up in my room. The one I shared with Aria. The thought nearly made me wish I never made conversation with her, to begin with. But I knew that Aria would have talked to me regardless of how much I tried to ignore her. She's the kind of person to be oblivious to such hints. It was too late for all that though. It's not like I could turn back time to that moment or any moment as a matter of fact.

I pulled my aching back up against the headboard of my bed. With exhaustion in my arms it felt like I was pulling up twice my weight. I was numb to the touch of anything around me. Similar to when I was injected at The Fort. Before our big failure of a fucking escape.

Aria's side of the room was cleaned out. All signs of her being in this room, nonexistent. Her clothes, blanket, pillows, and even her famous hairbrush were all gone. JR was serious when he told her that she wouldn't be bunking with me again. Whatever, I wasn't here to create more relationships anyway. The more people I let in, the more to leave.

The door swings open to Isaac's silhouette. My vision finally worked to see him clearly. His long dark hair which once slightly passed his ears now cut to a shorter length. However, his hair is still luminous and fluffy. Long enough for him to run his fingers through it.

I could finally notice the scar on his forehead without having to lift his hair. His evergreen stunning eyes. But Isaac still had on a hoodie. He liked it a bit oversized. It made him appear even more powerfully built than he already was.

"What are you looking at?" He raises his eyebrow at me. Well, that was embarrassing. I didn't mean to get caught staring.

"I can't believe you're actually in front of me," I pat onto my mattress for him to sit, "honestly, I didn't think I'd ever see you again," a smile forms on my lips as he walks closer with those green eyes, endearingly gazing at me. He reached for my nearly numb hands in his as he scoots himself onto the bed by my feet.

"I want to show you something that they have been hiding from us, since it's only for 'important' people, but I think you'll like it," he says eagerly. Isaac barely smiled. It rarely happened; once out of the blue moon. Except when he had been with his grandmother. That's when his face would light up. But I liked that he tried with me. Even if it was a quick one. Just like right now.

"And apparently we're important people, Isaac?" I couldn't help but smile at this man as he nods.

The door flew open and of course Aria had to show up. I was not in the mood to hear excuses or apologies. The waves in her hair deepened, free of the braids. She flips her hair to her right side, skipping over to us.

Aggressively wrapping her arms around Isaac from behind, making him flinch. I was taken aback. This makes Isaac roll his eyes and I realized he wasn't quite content with it either.