Chapter 6

"Is it true, David?" She throws her hands up in the air, her lips trembling.

    "IS IT TRUE!?" She takes the bottle from his hand and throws it onto the floor. It shatters. The extremely strong foul smell of alcohol burns our eyes.

My dad gets up from his chair, drooling. Not aware how awful he had been looking for days, batheing  himself in bottles of alcohol.

"Yes Ellie!  I was fuckin bored! I did it. It didnt mean shit and I didnt think it would ever lead anywhere. I'm not in love with you anymore. There! I finally fuckin said it!"

My mom looks at my dad like she had already known. Its that gut feeling when you can feel the person you love slowly lose interest in you and theres absolutely nothing you can do about it, except wait.

"But you did it dad! YOU could have just  left." I couldn't bare seeing the look on my mom's face. Something inside of her snapped and she wasn't coming back.

She didnt say much. She went upstairs got a bag threw a couple of his belongings in there and told him to leave. He did. And he didn't even glance back once. Not even for his children.

That's when I realized feelings change. Someone can love you and one day just wake up, deciding they don't anymore.

    In a way, we all grew  apart, but I tried so hard to keep everything as it was. Elena started wondering what happened with dad and she also went on and developed an eating disorder.

  I had to take care of mom and Elena. Mom never got out of bed. Elena was out almost every night with her friends. I had to work  and cook and make sure they were both ok.  I got so lost trying to fix others that I forgot that I needed to care for myself as well. A year later, I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. 

-------------------
The cabin of wood, left us in awe of it's beauty. This is a world where life was ending, yet flowers grew around the cabins windows, and the door painted a happy yellow.

"This is our place. Welcome." Emma faces the cabin, her arms up. "Isn't it beautful?"

"It's gorgeous." I look at Isaac and he stands there, fixing his hair. He never fixes his hair.

"Lets go on in then," Claire still has her arms locked  with Damons. We all walk inside.

"Stop staring," I whisper to Isaac. Emma pulls her soft hair twirling the pieces to emphazise her blonde curls.

"I'm not. Stop saying that." He whispers back looking down at the wooden floor.

I smile. "I haven't seen you stare at someone like that. You can't even talk to someone without looking them in the eye for no longer than two seconds. Well, unless they are a threat, of course."

He shushes me, looking at Emma from the corner of his eye. I chuckle. "Stop staring, creep." I walk up to the table.

Damon and Emma had the food ready in an hour. We all sit around  a rectangular wooden table. A clear cloth lay on top of it. A vase filled with tulips in the center, surrounded by massive amount of food.

Steak. Mac and cheese. Grilled cheese for Carter. Salad. Lots of alcohol. I mean, LOTS. We were having a feast. Isaacs grandmother was going crazy with the alcohol, taking a drink after drink.