Chapter 7

The waterfall was not as far as it seemed from up there, and it was even more stunning than it looked from afar. Even though, everywhere else in the woods, the leaves on the trees had fallen off, these trees were cherry blossoms. In the middle of Autumn, beautiful pink and purple cherry blossom trees filled this part of the forest.

The grass stands tall and green. The water falls slow and steady, hitting the pool of water at the bottom. The site of lovely tulips, all of different colors and sizes all around us. Just like the ones Emma and Damon have displayed in the center of their table.

I beat Isaac to the finish, but when we got to the falls, the race did not matter at all. We both stunned by its beauty, wear the biggest smiles on our faces. Imagine how beautiful this must look in the daylight.

"We have to come back in the morning," I grab a maroon tulip from the ground, I had never seen one like it before.

"This place is even better than what I could see from up there," Isaac was smiling adorably.

"Yes its fuckin gorgeous." I laugh, heading toward the large pool of water in front of us, dipping my hand in it. "Its warm. I don't get how the water is warm when its so chilly tonight, but it is."

I smile, looking back to see that Isaac was already shirtless. I couldn't help but stare. Isaac is tall, and big. His body strong and built. The moonlight shone on his abs and big biceps. Why would anyone with a body like that, hide it under a baggy hoodie.

"Lets get in." He walks to me, towering over. I feel my body suddenly surging with heat and my face goes red.

"You go ahead, Isaac. I'll just stay here." I roll up the bottom of my pants, sit, dipping only my feet into the water.

Isaac gives me a shrug and dives into the beautiful green water, which again only made him appear even more attractive. The color of the water accentuates the green in his eyes. His dark wet hair, now stuck back. For the first time, I could see all the features of his face and he's breathtaking. God, he is fuckin beautiful. His jawline sharp, and under the hair that hung in front of his face all the time, there was a scar on the side of his forehead.

He swims over to me, resting his arms on top of my knees, looking up at me from the water. "Its funny, that you're the one that's sitting and I'm the one in the water. What's happening here?" He smirks.

"I just don't feel like going into the water, that's all. I don't want to get wet."

"So, would you get mad if I did something like this?" He quickly grabs my arms and pulls me into the warm water.

"Isaac! What the fuck!" He laughs.

"You wanted to go into the water, I didn't. I told you no." His face immediately goes deadpan. The water ripples, as he walks closer to me.

"I'm sorry." He runs his hands up my arms softly.

"Its fine. Whatever," I avoid eye contact, but his eyes were locked on me. He runs his hands under the water, I feel him grab the bottom of my sweater.

"Trust me." His tone stern. I put my arms up, and he lifts the sweater over me.

We stand there, no expression on our faces. Just standing there blinking at one another. I was in my beige lace bra, now. I felt uncomfortable standing in front of him. He could see the scars running up my arms. And some stretch marks that run up the side of my stomach, bare for him to see.

"Can I say something, Millie?" I nod.

"You..." He looks down, running his hands over the old scars on my arms. My chest felt tight. I wanted to scream. I wanted to get out the water, and run. But I didn't. I couldn't move. My body froze. I had no words and my entire body suddenly felt exhausted and sore.