Chapter 27

Continued...

"Guys pick up the bags! Fast!" I ran to Finn and Emma. I noticed they were standing up to look for Isaac and I in the crowd until I approached them.

"Where's Isaac?" Finn asks, still searching for him, slowly picking up the bags from the ground.

Finn's leg seemed to be slightly better than a week or so ago where they said his leg was paralyzed. However, it wasn't paralyzed as they first thought. The fracture was healing. He only held on one crutch and that too, rarely. He preferred to leave the crutches. Finn limped but he was a strong man. Always have been.

"Aria found us. He said he would meet us up there," I tell him. Finn could tell I was annoyed. He knew that a kiss on the cheek wouldn't help me feel better. He knew nothing could when I felt the weight of the world. And still, Finn kissed me either way.

"He always does this. The plan was to get up there together," Finn says in a much needed sigh as he helps Emma pick up her suitcase. I nod. That was the exact plan.

"Alright, follow me, ladies," Finn carried almost all the bags leaving me to hold Isaac's plastic one.

Oh, men and how they think we aren't strong enough to carry our own. I knew Finn was the kind of man that did things like this regardless. Even with his limping leg.

All three of us made our way into the large crowd, holding one anothers hand. Making sure we didn't lose each other.

---------

Everything was gone, mostly on one side of The Fort. We could see legs and arms peeking out under large piles of stone.

"Everyone okay?" Finn asks Emma and me. By the looks of Emma, she was not okay. She looked sick. The sight was disgusting to see and I'm sure Finn knew we weren't okay.

It was hard to see the bodies of those who were left to die. It was the most sickening of all. I couldn't talk. I knew if I opened my mouth I would throw up. Those outsiders did this to innocent brain-washed people. Burned their homes to the ground. This is what injustice does. I would've been one of those outsiders too, not thinking or caring about the innocent.

I've wanted to burn this place down many times being here. I knew exactly the kind of person Xavier was and the kind of people that lived in his community. The same people who had ratted to JR about Finn's family. His family that had been killed. So, yes I couldn't blame those outsiders entirely for the blasts.

The disgusting outcome of human rage lay in front of us. It was devastating.

The smell of the bodies also the smoke from the fires of the bombs still filled the air with strong scent of burning firewood and rotting flesh. It made sure to burn our eyes, leaving a sore taste in the back of my throat.