Chapter 20

Dedicated to --  @lexexpects <3-- such a sweet and kind soul, supportive af

Dedicated to --  @lexexpects <3-- such a sweet and kind soul, supportive af. Thank you for being such a good friend to me. Also, she is such a talented writer, so check her out :) I love her book, 'The Strength That Defines Us' -- ok carry on... lol

It was hard to tell it was morning until you glance at your clock or in my case just as you hear Aria move around a thousand times on her bed, singing the same melody and hum, and then sit up on her bed, singing, "Goooood morning," loudly-- until that happened, it was not time to wake up. This has become my routine for about a few days now, but who's counting?

As usual, Aria gets up, walking into our bathroom and combs out her fiery red locks. She always braided it into two pigtails, quite cute actually. I always stop and look whenever she does this. It was beautiful. One wishes to have perfect hair like hers.

"I could braid your hair too if you'd like," I look away just as she catches me glaring at her, she smirks, scrunching up her nose slightly, twinkle in her eyes-- an ocean of emeralds.

"I'm okay with my usual," I pick up my short wavy brown hair, using my yellow scrunchy to tie it up in a messy bun.

--------

As if the feeling of being trapped wasn't suffocating already, being inside this bunker made it even worse. It's been days since any of us have seen the heavenly view of the trees, and looked up through them into the warm blazing sun. I missed waking up and feeling the crispy, exhilarating breeze brush against the surface of my skin. Heck, it's been days since I've left my room unless it was to go eat real quick.

There was still a horrid stench to the bunker, however not as bad as I remember it being when we were walking through the tunnels on our way here.

The bunker is dark and usually humid, which is why I like wearing my hair up most of the time since the humidity just makes my hair frizz up like a cotton ball that's being picked at.

The walls often leaked with water, even though they tried covering it up with hideous foam and metal, some walls already rusted. You could tell it had been built for a while now, and honestly I'm glad it's here because so many lives would have been lost.

"Eat," Aria says reaching for half my toast, shaking her head in disappointment that I barely ever ate anything.

"You're going to finish it all before I can," I pick up the other half, spreading some strawberry jam lightly onto it.

"Well, that's why I'm telling you to eat up because trust me I can EAT," she says her smiling lips touch the tip of her coffee cup, sipping onto it.

"Don't," I warn her, picking up my cup, taking two sips of the hot coffee.

"You're always so lost. Always staring at those walls, snap out of it, enjoy this," She gathers up her used napkins, aiming for the trash bin and getting it in like a basketball.