Chapter 13

We all stand up when Xavier and Emma walk into the dining room, her arm in his. Isaac looks up, shaking his head and dropping back into his chair. One of the guards pull onto his hood forcefully getting him to stand back up. Isaac's hand knocks down his fork onto the floor.

"Fuck her," I murmur to him. He ignores me, shaking his head again, dropping back down onto his chair, not giving a fuck. Before the guard could hurt him, Xavier tells all of us to sit down.

"I hope dinner was as good as always. I hope the newcomers enjoyed the meal, one which was caught by Millie, during the hunt," He lets Emma talk next.

"I'm happy to be in the position I am right now. This is such a great honor to serve such a handsome man," She looks over at Xavier, holding up her glass of champagne.

"Cheers to a better future and hope," She smiles at the crowd, her red lipstick staining the glass. We drank to that, while the crowd cheered. Isaac had finished his before they started their toast.

Isaac picks up his plate, throwing it onto the floor, walking over to Emma, "You bitch!" The guards hold him back before he could touch her.

"Stand down, Isaac" She says, as Xavier holds her close, protecting her from the monster they made Isaac out to be.

"You'll die with them all!" He grunts at her. Xavier tells the guards to let him go and instead he grabs Isaac from the arm. From the look on his face, I could tell Xavier was hurting him.

"You behave yourself, or you go back where you were before." Isaac laughs, his face a mess with tears streaming down his face.

"Back to the cell? I like it there. Better than being surrounded by a bunch of blind stupid people who think staying here, with this man will make the future better." He punches Xavier in the face, and the crowd gasps.

Some of the guards pick Xavier up, and a nurse checks on him, while the other guards, were kicking Isaac, punching him. They call out to Finn, who always carried the taser in the group. Finn hesitates, looking at me. Xavier glares at Finn, making Finn take his taser out and using it on the side of Isaac's stomach. Isaac whimpered on the floor.

I became outraged as I sprint toward Finn, grabbing his collar, "What did you do?!" Finn whispers under his breath, "Stand down."

"You fuckin idiot!" I slap Finn's face, and when the guards were coming toward me, he told them to step away. I hit Finn's chest with my fist, and I could feel his muscles tense up. He didn't do anything. He stood there letting me hit him as much as I wanted.

"Take him away," Emma tells the guards. The guards grab Isaac out the door, and back into his cell. I walk to Emma this time, who held her head up high, ready to fight me.

"How could you?! What have you become?!" I sob, and Finn holds me before I get to the ground.

"Take her home," Xavier demands. Finn nods at him. I push Finn away, and now getting up in Xavier's face, shoving him back.

"I have no home!" I shout into Xavier's face and back at Finn.

Finn drags me away, but I push hard to shout back as I'm dragged out the room. "Hope, my ass!"

---------------------

Finn throws me onto the ground, "Are you insane?!" He shouts, holding his head.

"Fuck you!" I get up, push him away and storm in front of him, until he grabs a hold of my arm.

"How am I supposed to keep you safe if you're going to keep messing it up?" His eyes on me and I got even angrier than before.