|6|

"But people are Oceans," she shrugged, 

"You cannot know them by their surface." 

-Beau Taplin |Surfaces

***

Neither the clock- or I - win the next morning.

Before the hour of five could ring, and before my eyes could open minutes ahead to beat the alarm- I was awoken by a sudden weight on my legs.

My body reacts on instinct, springing up and shooting forward to the source of the weight.

A snarled laughter fills the air- and suddenly- I'm fighting.

Wrestling against the invader.

I find their arms, stopping them before they could wrap behind around my neck in a chokehold.

They fly off me, falling from the bed and onto the floor.

I look down and scowl at the sight of Lilah sprawled on the ground.

She is laughing, rolling with tears in her eyes as she clings to her side.

"Really?" But I can't stay annoyed at her long for waking me up.

A sigh from the doorway has me looking up, a smile spreading on my face as Aunt Quinn walks in- her head shaking in disbelief at her twin.

"Freaking savages," she groans, tossing aside her long hair, until she stops abruptly on the spot, her eyes wide in horror as they take in my appearance.

"What the hell did you do to your hair?"

Her hands are clasped against her face, mouth open in dread as she rushes forward to feel the short-jagged cut that adorned my head now.

"I like it!" Lilah yells from the floor.

"You could have at least given it to me," Aunt Quinn said, mournfully feeling the thin strands, "I was thinking of dying my hair black."

"Ya, don't think Mark would like that," Lilah shakes her head, standing and grinning broadly at me.

An evil smile spreads across Aunt Quinn's face, "oh then I'm definitely going to do it."

The twins look at each other and laugh, a gleeful look shared between them until they focus their attention back to me.

"Morning wolfers," Lilah jumps on the bed, settling there and patting an empty spot next to her for Aunt Quinn.

"I guess I could say Good Morning," I look at the clock and sigh.

"We wanted to surprise you."

Aunt Quinn snorts, "Lilah wanted to surprise you with the worst idea possible."

"It wasn't that bad."

"Waking up at 4 in the fu-,"

"Why are you here again?" I asked, cutting Aunt Quinn off before she could start one of her famous long string of curses.

The twins sigh at the same time, grinning at one another when the action is done in unison.

"Well. Your mom told us last night that you were leaving. And thus we wanted to be the first to say goodbye."

"I have to see Uncle Mark also," I point out to Lilah.

"It won't hurt if you say goodbye to Quinn twice."