|34|

Be gentle my little thunderstorm.

The world is just not ready.

-a.j. lawless

***

"Then we are in agreement?"

The Alpha folds his hands, a blank look coming over his face as he stares down at the table. His Luna looks at him in worry, unable to hide what he has masked. From the corner of my sight, I see his warriors exchange concerned looks.

I almost want to break my own blank expression when I see Orion's dark face of the wilderness leaking through his exterior to choke out any confidence in the room.

Each trip to each Alpha only made his confidence grow. He played the role of Luna well. In my actions, he backed me up. In my decisions, he stood beside me, adding his own layer of self-assurance to fold into mine.

I had been right that day in the woods when he father asked what his son would be.

I had been right in saying Orion would be my equal.

But Orion was always surprising me. And fitting himself into the role of a Luna was no exception.

The Alpha before us leans back, his eyes traveling to the ceiling now.

He has already given away his wavering doubt to his decision.

"Alpha Clark."

A deep sigh issues from him. He looks to his Luna. Her shoulders give the weakest of shrugs as if she too is at a loss for what to do.

"Yes. We are in agreement. Restate your terms."

"Ten of my best warriors to be sent to your pack for protection and to train the warriors that you already have."

"And if these warriors should find their mates in my pack?"

"That is their choice, but you have my word I will not lay claim to them."

"And you want the herbs to be sent to your pack?"

"Yes- you do not need to go to the trouble of packaging- sending them still in the root is fine."

He eyes me warily, maybe already seeing through my plan. But his shoulders, like his Luna, only shrug in indifference.

The Sana Pack had a vast knowledge of the medicinal herbs that laid within the mountains. Their small pack rarely had a need for such things though. They harvested some, used very little, and for the most part preserved the wildlife to its nature- leaving it to be untouched by skin.

Their treasure, however, often caused many rouges and other desperate packs to venture deep into the mountains. They were not warriors. They had never been.

Two healers stayed within their pack system to be near the herbs of the mountains, but two healers were considered greedy for such a small pack.

"When can I expect them?"

"I will send them immediately. Five will break off to go back with the load and ensure its delivery before reinstating back here."

We stand then.

Orion knows what to do. The Sana pack is one of the last packs on our list to visit. He is aware by now of what I expect.

Continuing with the routine, he steps out, making eye contact with the Luna and smiling. She stands up taller, trying and failing to make herself out to be tougher than she is.