|20|

Don't let them use Icarus against you 

when you speak of dreams that feel a million 

miles from your reach 

they will say, "don't burn like he did"

but if Icarus were here he'd strap 

the wings to your back with a smile, 

and fly by your side. 

-you cannot fly if you are unwilling to fall // l.s.

***

We stand a distance away from the pack house.

Orion waits beside me. He did not voice out loud or question why I was hesitating.

I look at him, conflict suddenly entering me. Should I have told him more about my family before throwing him to the fire?

It was too late now, and the information would only weigh him down. I could honestly write a story about my family- the events that had happened to the past generations and present were just too strange to ignore and think irrelevant.

"I don't think I told you..."

Orion turns slightly to face me, grey eyes peering down through the falling curtain of his blond hair.

I push one side back behind his ear, sighing at the uneven sight.

"You should have given yourself a haircut."

A smile twists his face as I take his chin in my hand, shaking my head and groaning from the sight. It was starting to surface in my mind just how wild Orion appeared.

"And a trim. By the Moon, why did we not trim your beard back at your parent's house?"

He laughs softly, an amused expression filling his grey- making the color appear less hard like steal. Instead warmer. Like a cloud before a summer storm.

"I don't think I told you that my dad's name is Atlas. My mom's name is Lexie."

I rub a thumb along the rough edge of his chin before letting go. Taking a deep breath, I walk forward, feeling Orion move with me.

"Oh," I glance at him, whispering now even though I know mom can't hear me, "don't comment on my mom's hands. If you do say something...be nice."

His eyebrows lower in confusion, but he doesn't have time to act that way for long.

We are on the steps leading up to the door. It was nerve-wracking. I had already played out several scenarios within my mind of how Dad would act around Orion. Mom I knew, would be nice and inviting, but dad...

I hesitate again, a startling question running through me if I should knock on my own home or not. But I don't need to think. The door swings open. Orion blocks my path of escape from Sandra's arms and crying face.

"Soraya!" She clings onto me, hard sobs wracking into her body and vibrating into mine.

I can't help but smile at the sight though. 

"I'm back Sandra," I softly pat her back, trying to get her off.

She pulls back and turns around, "Luna! Luna, she's here!"