Logan & Thomas - Sleep Issues

It was almost midnight on a school night and Thomas was still up, working on his homework. He was given a lot of homework that day and he's been working on it ever since he got home, but staying up was unavoidable. He was currently working on math homework and still had biology work left to do. Needless to say, he was stressing out. He was only a third of the way through his math homework when his door was quietly opened. Thomas, who was still working, jumped when a hand touched his shoulder. "My apologies Thomas, I did not mean to scare you" Logan said quietly, smiling at his youngest brother. "It's fine Logan, w-what are you doing here?" Thomas stuttered. Logan's smile dropped when he looked at the work Thomas still had yet to do. "You are still up" Logan stated, noticing the bags under Thomas' eyes in the dim light.

    "Um, y-yeah sorry. I just have this paper and one more before I go to bed" Thomas said with a tight smile. "What are you working on?" Logan asked, thinking of ways to help his younger brother. "Uh, Pre-calc. The other worksheet is biology if your wondering, work about viruses" Thomas answered. Logan frowned, Pre-calc was the subject that Thomas has the most struggle with. "Why didn't you come to me earlier with your Pre-calculus work, I could have helped you," Logan questioned somewhat sadly. "I....I don't know," Thomas admitted with a tired sigh. Logan took a moment to look at Thomas' math work, seeing a couple wrong answers, and back at him. His brother always worked so hard in that class.

    "What hour do you have math and biology?" Logan asked. "I have math before lunch and biology last hour" Thomas said, yawning and rubbing his eyes after. "Alright, let's get you into bed, I will do your last two worksheets" Logan said, already standing up, grabbing Thomas' arm in one hand and the worksheets in another. "W-what?" Thomas confusedly asked, which broke Logan's heart. How many times a week did his brother stay up to do his homework? "No Logan, you have to work tomorrow, I got this" Thomas spoke, bringing Logan out of his thoughts. "I know, but I don't have to get up nearly as early as you. Now come on" he said, managing to get Thomas out of his desk chair. Logan rubbed his back slightly as he walked him over to his bed, feeling the tension between his shoulders. Thomas tried to protest but Logan refused to listen to him.

    Logan gently pushed Thomas into bed and sat next to him once he was sure Thomas was comfortable. Logan started running his fingers through his youngest brother's hair, a gesture that always made him tired. "Logan, please stop. Let me finish my work," Thomas said, trying to get up again. "Shh," Logan cooed, gently pushing him back and continuing to run his finger through his hair. The movement caused Thomas' head to end up on Logan's thigh, which neither minded. "You have done enough lately, you can rest now," Logan spoke calm and quiet. After a couple minutes, the weight on Logan's thigh grew, indicating that Thomas fell asleep. Logan smiled as he grabbed his brothers remaining homework off the bedside table where he set it earlier. It took Logan about twenty minutes to finish his brother's homework and another ten for a nightmare to happen.

    Logan knew his brother had nightmares, for he was usually the one to calm him down after one. It always made Logan sad to see his brother crying and unable to tell him about his nightmares. Logan started stroking his hair again to calm him, watching his face and body relax. Eventually, Logan grew tired himself and fell asleep next to him. The next morning Thomas woke up to his alarm and got ready for school once he saw that his homework was finished. He was certain that he didn't finish it last night but it was done so he must of, right? He walked into the kitchen and ate some breakfast, cereal and toast. He was about to leave when he saw a note on the fridge. He walked closer to see it was from Logan. It read: Thomas' New Homework Schedule which caused him to smile and shake his head as he left for the bus.

It sucks, I know, but I'm proud of this 'cause I didn't delete it ten minutes after I made it for once.
Suggestions and creative criticism are always welcome!