Virgil & Logan - Baby Patton

Patton woke up tired that morning. He was confused as to why because he went to bed early last night and he slept through the night. He sat up and grabbed his glasses, looking at the clock after putting them on. The clock read almost 12:30 in the afternoon. Had he really slept in that late, Patton surprisingly thought to himself. A knock at his door broke his thoughts. "Come in," he tried to say but all that came out was some babbles. "Dad are you okay? You've been-," Virgil cut himself off with a gasp as he entered the room, "oh my god!" Virgil walked in and carefully picked up Patton, taking him out to the commons.

"Guys," Virgil called when he saw Logan and Roman, "Look!" He held up a confused Patton for the others to see. "Whoa," Roman said walking over, "what happened to him?" Virgil, responded with, "I don't know, I just found him like this." Logan had walked up too and took Patton in his arms gently. "Are you positive he was like this when you found him?" He asked. Virgil nodded already worrying about Patton. "Virgil, look in Patton's room for any clues. Roman, go find a mirror and get a bottle of milk," Logan instructed them before sitting on the couch with Patton still in his arms. Roman came back a few minutes later with what he was supposed to get.

Logan took the mirror first and held it in front of Patton, watching his eyes widen in shock. "Why are you doing that?" Roman asked. "Judging by Patton's look of confusion earlier, he probably does not know that he looks like a small infant. Now he does," Logan explained. He put the mirror down and grabbed the bottle of milk, giving it to Patton to drink from. Virgil came back about twenty minutes later saying that he couldn't find anything. "Patton do you know anything about your strange predicament?" Logan asked, watching the baby in question shake his head. "Could Deceit have something to do with this?" Roman asked. "Possibly, but I don't see why he would," Logan answered, telling Roman to go find him and ask. Roman came running back less than a minute later saying that Deceit hadn't done anything.

"It could be that Patton wants more attention. Patton do you feel as if we are ignoring you?" Logan asked, seeing Patton frantically shake his head. "Maybe it's a temporary thing and we just have to wait it out," Virgil suggested and got a nod from Logan. They carried out with the rest of their day, deciding to each taking turns watching Patton. Virgil took first watch and by two o'clock he was suspicious. He picked Patton up and went to Logan's room. "Greetings Virgil, is there a problem?" Logan asked when he entered. "Nothing has happened in the last two hours," Virgil said, placing Patton on Logan's bed. "Well I did not think a change would happen that quickly" Logan replied confused. Virgil paced the room slowly, trying to think of a cause for Patton's de-aging.

"Thomas," Virgil whispered with a small gasp. "What was that?" Logan asked, looking up at a still Virgil. "When's the last time we checked on Thomas?" Virgil asked suddenly. "Monday for the video he wanted to film, why?" Logan questioned, going to sit next to Patton. "We've looked everywhere in the mind palace and couldn't find anything. Therefore something must've happened to Thomas to cause Patton to de-age," Virgil quickly explained his thinking to the smarter side. Logan picked up Patton, who had just started to cry, and handed him to Virgil. "I'll be right back," Logan said before sinking out to check on Thomas. He came back ten minutes later with a straight face. "Thomas is in hospital," he said dejectedly.

Virgil nearly dropped the baby in his arms when he heard the news and yelled, "What?!" Patton suddenly re-aged, causing Virgil to actually drop him this time. "Thomas got hurt?" Patton asked, that being the first thing he's been able to say all day. "Yes," Logan replied, but why is what he was trying to figure out. "Thomas was supposed to go on a short road trip with a friend yesterday," Patton said, making everything click for Logan. "Yes, and he must have got into a motor vehicle accident on the way," Logan explained. "His fear of dying or getting severely hurt must've caused Patton to de-age," Virgil said, remembering how anxious and scared he had felt yesterday. "How are we gonna make this up to him?" Virgil asked with a sigh. "I honestly do not know," Logan said, "we will just have to pay more attention to him in the future, especially during his recovery." They all nodded in agreement, feeling like crap for not being there for their host. "Crap," Virgil said suddenly, "we didn't tell Roman anything yet."

When Thomas goes through something highly emotional, it effects Patton. If something emotionally devastating happens, Patton would de-age to stop the rage of emotions caused by that situation. After the situation is acknowledged and/or taken care of, Patton would age back to normal. It was extremely rare, but that didn't mean it couldn't happen.

Suggestions and creative criticism are always welcome!