Patton & Virgil - Red Handed

It was nearly four in the morning on Saturday when Virgil decided that he wanted food. He didn't want to actually make something so he decided on getting cheez-its or something close to or like that. He quietly took off his head phoned and stretched before he got up to actually go get the food.

    Virgil was in the hallway to the kitchen when heard a series of things hit the ground and nearly screamed. He quickly went to turn on the lights, shielding his eyes from the brightness before doing so. What he saw made him start laughing to the point of near tears. 

    Patton was on half on the floor and half on the counter. He had the cookie jar in one hand and a glass vase in the other, watching it intensely as he carefully set it back down again. There were multiple different glasses scattered around him, one of them even broken. Virgil could faintly see that the kitchen counter was wet, which was probably why Patton fell in the first place.

    "Patton what on earth are you doing?" Virgil asked, still laughing a little bit as he wiped a tear from his eye. The man in question looked at him like a dear in head lights, which only made Virgil start laughing again. Patton finally sat up when Virgil nearly dropped to the ground in laughter. "What is so funny?" Patton asked, starting to laugh with Virgil.

    Virgil tried to tell him, but he couldn't get more then a sound out before he started laughing harder. It took Virgil a little bit to calm down before he said with a giggle, "you looked like a fish out of water and you just stared at me like you were caught trying to escape prison." Patton playfully rolled his eyes at his dark strange son before starting to clean up.

    Virgil started to help him and they had cleaned up the kitchen in no time before sitting on the couch together. "Want a cookie?" Patton asked with a smile and held one out to him. Virgil took with a thanks and started to munch on it quietly. "So what has you up so late, kiddo?" Patton asked after some silence. "Couldn't sleep and I wanted some food, you?" Virgil returned the question and got the same answer.

    The two sat in silence a bit longer before Virgil suggested they watch a movie, which Patton loved. The watched Atlantis, Lelo & Stitch, and a few other movies before they started to get tired. Virgil fell asleep leaned against Patton through Anastasia and Patton stoked his hair. His little Emo Nightmare was absolutely adorable when he slept and Patton wished he would more often. 

    Patton turned the volume down on the TV before summoning a blanket to cover both of them. Patton got comfortable before using his powers as a side to put on the next movie. What would Logan say when he found them out here on the lumpy instead of their real beds? Probably, "you should not of done that. It is not healthy for your neck and back" as Patton rubbed those previously stated areas. It was definitely well worth it if he got a few more moments with a calm and peaceful Virgil.

Suggestions and creative criticism are always welcome!