Thomas & Virgil - Thunderstorm

Trigger: Anxiety Attack 

    It had started raining a few days ago. It had been relentless since it started, coming down impossibly harder and harder everyday. Thankfully, people had stayed off the road as much as possible and accidents have been kept to a low. Friends had been texting Thomas to pass the time, but that could only keep someone occupied for so long. His internet had cut out on the third day so that left him as bored as ever. He had read some books to pass the time and used his iPod out to listen to music, so it wasn't that bad. He got through most of the books he wanted to read now that his phone wasn't distracting him. His sides refused to let him outside, no matter what came up. Virgil, however, was the biggest culprit. He appreciated him worrying about his safety though, so he didn't say anything.

    His host was now in the midst of an anxiety attack because of Virgil. Thomas just needed to get some stuff from the store, but Virgil refused to let him out of the house. "You'll get yourself killed in this weather, Sanders! Do you really want to do that?" Virgil yelled at him, trying to get him to see that going outside right now was stupid. "You can be so stupid sometimes, Thomas! If you'd just listen to me when I need you to, then I wouldn't have to yell at you" Virgil said. He felt bad for giving Thomas a panic attack but it was the only thing he could do to get him to listen. Thomas was silent and was trying to work on his breathing, but Virgil's yelling only made it worse. "I just," Virgil trailed off, "you do some stupid stuff sometimes and I just want what's best for you." He watched Thomas shake on the floor and listened to his breathing as it kept picking up. 

Virgil sighed and walked out of the room, leaving Thomas alone.

    Virgil came back several minutes later with a few blankets in his arms. He carefully wrapped them around his host, making sure they wouldn't fall off before leaving again. He came back with a pillow and set it next to Thomas before leaving one more time and coming back with some water and a couple snacks. Thomas still hadn't moved since Virgil got all this stuff, and he was starting to worry. Did I push him to hard, he thought to himself as he sat down next to him. He thought about what Patton would do when he had an attack and smiled. Virgil leaned over, moving the blankets a bit, and hugged Thomas. He heard Thomas gasp lightly and felt him look down at him. Virgil leaned back, picking the pillow up and set it in his lap before pulling Thomas into his lap as well. Once Thomas was on his lap, Virgil made sure he was covered in blankets and started running his fingers through his hair. 

    When Virgil had an attack, Patton always did stuff like this to help him calm down. He figured it would work with Thomas and was happy that it did. Virgil apologized for what he said and did to make Thomas panic like that. "I just want what's best for you and I don't like when I have to be like this," Virgil explained. "I'm sorry too Virgil," Thomas said in a tired voice, "I should've just waited until tomorrow to get what I needed from the store." That hurt Virgil, Thomas shouldn't have to apologize for anything. He was only human after all, he did need  food and water. "Don't apologize T, it's not your fault that I got so protective," Virgil said watching Thomas blink slowly. "It is too. If I would've just waited till tomorrow, then none of this would've happened. I shouldn't have made you worry so much," Thomas replied. 

    "Enough," Virgil said, "we're both at fault right now." That settled it and they both got comfortable on the floor in front of the couch. Virgil leaned on to the front of the couch and started a random movie for them to watch. Thomas fell asleep halfway through the movie, Virgil following after he made sure Thomas was okay.

    The next day the news was on showing that an accident had happened that night. "See, that's the street you would've had to go down to get to the closest store. That could've been you," Virgil said softly. "Yeah, but I had you to make me see sense," Thomas said with a smile.

Posting a bit early because I have a tennis match Friday & I didn't want you guys to wait forever

Suggestions and creative criticism always welcome!