Rain

Hey guys!! Thanks for being somewhat patient with me and how inactive I've been. I have been stressing over my classes a lot lately. I have conferences this week too and I have a 58% in my geometry class because my teacher can't teach and he sets the percent of the 'assessments' at 65% of our grade and everybody fails his tests.

    Virgil knew from the moment he woke up that it was going to rain that day. He had woken up around ten o'clock that morning instead of his usual seven o'clock to see rain. He wasn't that bothered by it however, he liked the rain. He loved that it was cold whenever it rained, that he could smell the rain and the sound of rain in general. Virgil loved to watch the rain as well because he could make out patterns as it fell and slid down the window.

    It was easy for the day to pass rather slowly on rainy days because Virgil liked to focus solely on the rain. The overcast made it hard to tell whether it was still early in the morning or more in the afternoon. He usually got a lot more done on rainy days because the rain helped keep calm him and focused. The others were usually busy getting their own things done, so he usually kept to himself in the common room. Today, however, he wasn't alone.

Virgil had been drawing in his sketchbook by the window when he heard footsteps. He was met with Roman in front of him when he turned to see who had come into the room. "Hey," he said, holding a lightly steaming cup in his hands towards the other.

    "What's up?" Virgil asked, remembering how Roman had asked not to be disturbed while in his room earlier.

"I just came to see what you were doing. You've been awfully quiet today," he stated as he held the cup further towards the other.

    "Oh, thanks," Virgil said, finally getting the hint to take the cup that was offered to him after he set his sketchbook down. He took a cautious sip and was pleased to find out that it was hot chocolate. It wasn't too cold or too hot which he loved and it had a small amount of milk in it. He watched as Roman sat down next to him with his notebook.

    "Did you finish what you were trying to get done earlier?" Virgil asked, taking another sip of the warm drink. He watched Roman's momentary look of surprise before it was replaced with an understanding look.

"Oh! Yeah," Roman laughed, "would you like to read it?" Virgil stared for a moment while Roman held out the notebook.

    "Yeah," Virgil replied taking the notebook and staring at the neatly written title. Roman asked to see his drawing so he let him before starting to read what was given to him. They sat in silence, looking at each other's work. Roman was amazed by the intricate details of Virgil's drawing, wishing he could have skills like that. Virgil, on the other hand, found Roman's writing to be very well written and detailed. He saw there were only five and a half pages though, so Virgil was disappointed when it was over. "Where's the rest?" He asked the other when they switched back.

"What do you mean?" Roman asked confused. He briefly skimmed through what he wrote to make sure there wasn't anything weird before looking up again.

    "The rest of the story. Where is it? Why did you stop writing?" Virgil questioned. He thought it was a fantastic story that should be continued. 

"Oh," Roman laughed slightly, "I just got bored and came out here to see what everyone was doing so I didn't keep writing."

    "Well keep going!" Virgil replied excitedly, "this story is great so far, I can't wait to read the finished version!" Roman laughed lightly at Virgil's excitement. "Your drawing is amazing," Roman replied softly with a smile lingering from laughing. Virgil smiled back before asking the other if he wanted to do a movie night. "Heck yes," Roman affirmed with another laugh. He didn't let it on much, but he liked spending time with Virgil and seeing what he created.

Trying to update and get stories lined up so that I can just post them when the time comes but I'm just busy with crap and I can't get creative for some reason. :/ I also really need to get some sleep X)

Suggestions and creative criticism are always welcome!