L.A.M.P - Truth Spell

Long awaited update am I right? :)
Roman decided to take the others into his realm of imagination to have an adventure. It all went well of course, until the Dragon Witch decided to showed up anyway. They were just supposed to save the princess from a neighboring kingdom, not face the witch. She shows up at random so much, it's almost expected for her to appear on an adventure Roman set up for himself or the others.

"Well hello," she greeted in her deep monotonous voice. Roman scowled at her greeting, they would never get along, not with her excessive need to be the most powerful being.

"Witch! You know full well that you are trespassing!" Roman yelled, moving to stand in front of the others.
"Yes, but my land is so boring," she said, emphasizing her last word by slamming her massive paws down on the ground.
Roman carefully nudged the others back farther so that they wouldn't be hurt in the upcoming battle he knew was to come.
"You got yourself banished! Not me!" Roman yelled back, taking out his sword now that the others were back far enough.

Roman ran for the witch, ready to jump up and fight her, but she was quicker. Muttering a quick spell under her breath, she cast it at him while he was suspended in the air. A small fireball formed and she blew it at him, knocking him down to the ground.

"Are you okay Roman?!" Patton asked after Roman hit the ground.
"I'm not sure," Roman called back, which confused him.

    He meant to say "I always am," not what he had said. He ignored it and went at the witch with determination. She laughed and said, "have fun dearest prince" before disappearing. Roman landed more gracefully this time and stared in confusion at where the witch once stood. Whatever could she mean by 'have fun', he thought.

"Roman what happened?" Patton asked as he and the others moved closer.
"I don't know. She cast a spell then left saying 'have fun' which is weird," Roman explained. "Let's just continue our adventure and worry about it later, she's never been able to escape and there's a princess needing saving," Roman said leading them forward.

Their adventure continues without anymore problems. They successfully saved the princess and returned her to her family with ease. On the way home, they started trying to figure out what happened when the witch cast the spell. It was worrying Logan because there had been no effects so far.

"It might have just knocked you back long enough for her to get away," Logan suggested.
"No," he disagreed, "she never backs down from a fight so quickly. She must've planned something." The others nodded in agreement, Roman had told countless tales about his battles with the witch.
"Well, what kind of spells has she cast before?" Virgil asked, looking intently at Roman.
"Many. But she has reused a handful before," he said, slicing a vine with his sword.
"Like what?" Virgil asked, raising a brow.
"Spells that knock me back, bring things to life temporarily, mind control, spells that trick the mind, levitation spells, spells that have broken bones" he listed in thought.
"Spells that have broken bones!" Patton and Logan exclaimed loudly at the same time while Virgil gasped. Roman flushed a little with embarrassment, he didn't even register that he'd said that. He didn't mean to say that at all actually. He didn't like when the others worried about him.
"How long has she been using these kinds of spells?" Virgil asked worriedly, titling his head slightly.
"Only a handful of times," Roman replied truthfully, "it takes a bit to heal, but I'm mostly fine after a few days."
"Roman, you know you can talk to us right?" Virgil asked carefully while giving him a mixed look.
"Of course," Roman replied, "I just feel like I don't deserve your care." He trailed off at the end, face in a slight frown before realizing what he'd said with a look of surprise.

"Truth spell," Virgil said quietly with a sad smile. He silently walked up to Roman and gave him a tight hug. Roman was surprised, seeing as they never got along like this, but hugged him back. Patton gave Logan a shocked look. How could he of all people not be able to tell that Roman was feeling this way? He thought. "It is alright Patton, you could not of known he was feeling this way," Logan whispered. "But I should have known o-or seen it," Patton countered, "I'm the dad and it's my job to help you guys." The tears that were steadily building in Patton's eyes came pouring down as Logan hugged him.

"Roman, come to me straight away whenever you feel like this, alright? I will stop everything and help you. You wanna know why?" Virgil asked quietly.
"Why?" Roman asked, voice thick with tears. Virgil smiled lightly as he wiped away Roman's tear and pressed their foreheads together.
"Because you matter. You're important and wanted. We love you no matter what you do," Virgil said as his smile grew. "Don't think about that bad stuff because it's not true." He emphasized his last few words by squeezing Roman a bit harder.
"Thank you, Virgil. You always know what to say at times like this," Roman said with a small smile of his own.
"Any time. Now, let's get going! Don't want to be here forever now do we? We have a dragon witch to hunt down." Virgil said running back towards the cave with a wide smile. Roman quickly ran off to follow him, laughing along the way. Logan and Patton shared a quick confused glance, but followed them anyway.

Suggestions and creative criticism are always welcome!
Sorry for taking so long to update, I haven't been motivated to write. :)