Thomas - Final Hour

Triggers: Bombs and Panic Attacks

A bomb had been planted in Florida near where Thomas lived. It had been planted about a week ago and the police were trying to find it without alerting residents and causing a panic. It was a good plan, get in and get out, problem was, they couldn't find it. They had scanned the area on foot and by computer, but no such luck. It was Sunday night of the next week when the public was informed. At ten o'clock that night, the area where Thomas lived was sent into a mass panic. The man who planted the bomb was identified that same day, but the police needed the public's help because he wasn't talking. The police had tried everything but all he would say when questioned was "those people need to die," in a monotonous tone. When Thomas first heard the news, he panicked and it took him hours to calm down. It was an understandable reaction, but he obviously didn't get much sleep that night.

    The next day, he woke up exhausted and scared. He was filled with an abundance of different emotions but the only clear thing in his head was that he needed to tell his loved ones. They probably already knew, but he still wanted to tell them. His phone buzzed from the kitchen, where he apparently left it yesterday. He sat up on the couch, his back and neck cracking, before going to get his phone. A text message from Joan was on screen reading: Sanderstorm, what the fuck is happening down there?! Thomas smiled tiredly, Joan was always worrying about him. Thomas took a deep breath and told them what had been on the news last night, making himself accept the truth.

    The police eventually got a hold of the man's trigger and timer for the bomb. They were able to calculate and figure out that the bomb was going to off around 4:30pm on Saturday that week. Just as the police were going to start a search, the man got his trigger back and threatened to initiate the bomb now if anyone left. By Tuesday morning, he revealed the block where the bomb was, but again threatened to trigger the bomb if anyone tried to find it. The public was informed that night, but were told the man's orders and that he had cameras. The people in that area panicked, as did Thomas because his street is where the bomb is. Joan immediately tried to convince Thomas to get out of there but he couldn't, the man had cameras everywhere. Thomas had an anxiety attack that night, but it's not like he's going to sleep the rest of the week anyway. His mom and dad called the next day, begging him to try and leave and God did he want to, but he couldn't because of the cameras. They cried while begging him with everything they had to leave before he dies, but eventually understood that he couldn't and wished him the best of luck.

    He waited anxiously on Thursday for an update of any kind on the news, but none came. Friday was spent much the same. He was sitting on the couch close to the TV, phone clutched in hand while he waited for so good news. His friends were texting him constantly, they tried to call at first but he was to anxious to speak. He answered them as quick as he could but he was more focused on the news. He eventually crashed and fell asleep on the couch, the emotional strain and stress finally weighing to him. He fell asleep around twelve that morning and woke up around nine o'clock that night. His phone had fallen on the floor and was buzzing like crazy, it was probably what woke him up. A lot of texts were sent asking if he was okay and that he better not be playing because it wasn't funny. He quickly responded saying that he was alright and that he just passed out. They calmed down and carried out a normal conversation from there, that is until Thomas fell asleep again, warning them this time.

    Saturday arrived. Thomas woke up early that day, six in the morning to be exact. Dread filled him as he realized today would be his last day on earth if the police didn't find the bomb. Yes, the man had said not to look or he would trigger the bomb, but the police wouldn't let the people on his block die. Surely they would at least keep trying to find the device before it went off, right? Thomas told himself to stop thinking like that, it wouldn't get him anywhere useful. He had about ten hours and thirty minutes left and he was going to make the most of that time. The first thing he decided on was to clean his house, if his house was close to the bomb then everything he owned would be blown about and make a bigger mess. His things could also hurt other people who were further away from the device. After he was finished, he packed his belongings into boxes and placed the boxes under the stairs.

    Next, Thomas took his bigger things, like his bookcase, and shoved those in the furthest corner of his house. He didn't move his couch, however, because he planned to barricade himself under the staircase and use the couch as an extra form of protection. He made himself something to eat, but he didn't really feel hungry. All he had to do now was wait for something to happen. A couple hours later, he had the realization that he should probably make a YouTube video explaining what could happen to him, but he also didn't want to. Thomas loved his fans, don't get him wrong, but he felt like they would know by now, news travels fast when explosives are involved. He started to get text messages around nine o'clock. The first one was from Talyn asking if he was still ok, which he was. Anything new, they asked him and he replied with, No not a thing. Thomas had the news on as background noise but would look up every few minutes to see what was going on.

    It was now 11:15  and he was still hoping for something, but again didn't get anything. By twelve o'clock Thomas was angry enough to start shaking. How have the police not found anything yet?! Were they really going to let all those people die?! Thoughts like these went on for awhile until he forced himself to calm down. Being angry and irrational wouldn't help in this situation. No one in their right mind would leave an entire block of people to die, right? He finally ate the food he forgot that he made earlier. After that, he thought of the things he'd say to his friends if the police didn't find the bomb. He was trying to stay positive, but by 2:30 he had lost almost all of his hope. He had two hours of life left and it was scary.

    As the hours slowly drained, he became strangely calm. By four o'clock, Thomas had written out paragraphs to send to each of his friends after he got under the stairs. He had sent all the messages by 4:25 and breathed a sigh of relief. The bomb would go off in five minutes and many people were probably praying that it wouldn't, but Thomas was calm. He had told his friends that he loved them and hoped they would remember him. He had done what he could to protect other people before the device was to go off. He had done everything he could and had told his friends how happy they made him before he was to go. He had accepted the fact he was going to die, there was no way around it by now. He sat down and closed his eyes, his world going dark around him.

This one was really long, sorry *nervous smile*
Suggestions and creative criticism are always welcome!