Patton X Logan - Tomorrow Never Came

Triggers: Car crash, Lyrics written in
Your feels will be destroyed if I did good.

    "Hey, whatcha doing?"
"Not a lot."
"Shaking and moving at my local spot."
"Baby, don't ask me why. Don't ask me why."
"Why, why, why, why, why, why?"

    Logan was supposed to meet Patton on the park bench where they first met. It has been a minimum of an hour since Logan reported and Patton still has not showed up, which was irregular because Patton was never delayed. Logan was obligated to think about what may have happened. He is presumably petting a dog, Logan smiled to himself. Logan pulled out his phone to text Patton a quick "hurry up, I am waiting for you. Love you, dear" before pocketing his phone again.

"Lay, baby lay, on that side of paradise in the Tropic of Cancer."
"'Cause if I had my way, you'd always stay and I'll be your tiny dancer, honey."

    Patton shows up ten minutes later, running and breathless. "Sorry I'm late. There was a dog and I tried to leave but you know how I get around animals," Patton explained with a small and shy smile. "It is fine," Logan said with his own smile, hugging him, "try not to let it repeat." Together, they left hand in hand to go on the date they planned weeks ago, laughing on their way.

"I waited for you, in the city on a park bench, in the middle of the pouring rain."
"'Cause I adored you, I just wanted things to be the same."
"You said to 'meet me out there tomorrow', but tomorrow never came."

    The next few times they went on a date Patton was as punctual as always and was there when he said he would be. Logan was pleased by this, he disliked the thought of being late, it almost always ruined people's plans. He had taken Patton to an amusement park, the beach, the park, a couple movies, and much more. Logan did not mind taking the other places, he loved him and that was all that mattered. Patton had once said they could stay home and watch movies, and they had, but Patton was considerably more close and special than anyone else in Logan's life.

    "Hey, whatcha thinking?"
    "A Penny for your thoughts?"
"Those lights are blinking on that old jukebox, but don't ask me why."
"Just swallow some wine."
"Wi-wi-wi-wi-wi-wi-wi- wine"

    Logan arrived at their park bench, in the city again, waiting for Patton who was not there yet. Logan checked his phone seeing a message from Patton. It read: Hey babe, I'm going to be a little late, hopefully not by much. Logan sighed, Patton's job as a veterinarian always kept him working. It was wondrous that Patton got a job assisting the animals he cherished so much, but it kept them from being together at night.

"Stay, baby stay on the side of paradise in the Tropic of Cancer."
"'Cause if I had my way, you would always stay and you'd be my tiny dancer, baby."

    Logan looked around, frighten by the sudden and loud clap thunder. He felt responsible in knowing that he brought his coat with him. He didn't want to get sick and fail to be at work or spend less time with Patton. He took a moment to see if he had any new texts, but was disheartened when he didn't find any.

"I waited for you, in the spot you said to wait."
"In the city on a park bench, in the middle of the pouring rain."
"'Cause I adored you and I just wanted things to be the same."
"You said you'd meet me out there tomorrow, but tomorrow never came."
"Tomorrow never came."

    Where on earth was Patton? He thought to himself. He decided to call him after another five minutes. "This is Patton Cole, I can't talk right now, so please leave a message" the recorder said, following with a beep. "Dearest it is Logan, I hope you have not neglected to remember our date tonight because I am still waiting for you. Call me when you get this," Logan said in his monotonous tone.

"Roses are in your country house."
"We played guitar in your barn and everyday felt like some day."
"I just wish we had stayed home"
"And I (you) would be your (my) tiny dancer, honey."

    Logan finally got up to start looking around, pulling his hood up as he went on. Logan had already left the park when his phone rang an hour later. "Yes?" He asked, hearing his friend Virgil's panicked and tearful voice through the phone. "Logan! You gotta come quick! Patton was in an accident on the way to the park and he's not doing so well." Virgil rushed out, Logan was surprised he could even understand what his friend was saying because of how fast he relayed it.

    "Virgil, remember your breathing technique and tell me which hospital," Logan said as calmly as he could. Virgil told him where and told him to hurry before they both hung up and Logan made his way to the hospital as fast as he could.

"I could keep waiting for you. In the spot we'd always wait."
"In the city, on the park bench in the summer, in the pouring rain."
"Honey, don't ignore me."
"I just wanted it to be the same."
"You said you loved me like no tomorrow, guess tomorrow never came."
"Tomorrow never came, no."
"Tomorrow never came ... "

   By the time Logan had run to the hospital, the doctor had stepped out to inform them of what happened. Logan was told Patton, his love had died. He just about lost it right there, wanting to scream and cry and blame the doctor for not doing more, but that's not what Patton would've wanted. He allowed himself to show some emotion for once, and cried with his close friends.

Hope I did a good job writing a sad shot 😅
Suggestions and creative criticism are always welcome!