panic attack

You ran a hand through your hair, pacing the room. Just a couple of minutes ago, you were texting your project partner who you absolutely didn't want to work with because of his 'get in your pants' reputation when you felt the familiar feeling of your stomach being crushed. You really wanted to reach for your phone but you body wouldn't allow it. You were alone and the thought of it made your panic attack worse.

Fifteen minutes had passed and your phone had been non stop buzzing. You were stuck in the corner. You rocked yourself back and forth as your head pounded and hot tears streamed down your cheeks. Your breathing came out in heavy pants as you tried to control your breathing and get some air. Your whole body felt numb and your mind was being bombarded by violent thoughts. This would have to be the worst panic attack you've ever had. Especially since it was about nothing. You suddenly became aware of the fact that you looked a mess and your house did as well. It felt as if the whole world was against you. You gripped your hair in frustration, wanting to make everything stop. More tears streamed down your face as a sharp knock echoed throughout your house.

"Y/N? You in there?"

Your head snapped up, he was here. You opened your mouth to speak but all that came out was a strangled cry.

"What the hell is going on? I'm going to try and come in, hang on."

You heard your lock jiggle as a sharp pain exploded through your head. You scream out, images of horrible things blurring your vision.

"Y/N, hey, shhh."

Strong arms wrapped around you as you thrashed in their hold. His hold only tightened around you. You relaxed in his arms, crying into his shirt. His mind was racing with all the reasons as to why you were like this. Instead of pestering he stroked your hair, placing his chin on your head.

The two of you sat like that for at least half an hour before you lifted your head. He gently let you, his hands resting on your cheeks.

"What happened, Y/N? You scared the sh*t out of me."

"I just had a little...little..."

He grabbed you before you could continue. You've known him since grade 3 but you didn't know that he's been keeping an eye on you and your panic attacks aren't new to him.

"I know, it's fine."

He held you for a little while before you lifted your head once again.

"Why are you being so nice?"

He smiled, drawing patterns on your back that sent shivers down your spine.

"Because I care for you, Y/N. More than you think."

You smiled, his comment putting a little sunshine in your day. You leaned up and pecked his cheek.

"You broke in, didn't you?"

He sheepishly scratched the back of his neck, helping you stand.

"Maybe, but it was worth it."