truth

A bad day. It wasn't abnormal for you to have to one of those every once in a while. Even with an amazing boyfriend that would literally die for you, life somehow finds a way to catch up to you.

So after failing your test, dropping your lunch and bumping into at least 23445 people, it was finally time for you to go home. Your cold hand was intertwined with his warm one as the two of you walked home in silence. He knew something was wrong. He understood that everyone had bad days but it seemed like you spaced out more often and he was greeted by your frown instead of the smile he feel in love with.

"Are you sure you're ok?"

You nodded, limply hanging onto his fingers.

"Did I do something?"

You shake your head, sending him an apologetic smile.

"It's fine. I'm fine. It's all good."

He stopped, pulling you back with him. He looked you in the eyes, missing the little sparkles that made him fall in love with you every time he looked at them.

"Tell me the truth."

The tone of his voice startled you. He looked terribly concerned for you and it broke your heart. Giving in, you spilled everything that was on your mind. He listened to you attentively, rubbing his thumb over the back of your hand. That's one of the things you loved him for. He listened and never judged you for what you said. After you were done, he wrapped his arms around you. His chin found its spot on the top of your head. You stayed like that for a while.

"I'll get you some ice cream. My treat."

You laughed, loving the way that your boyfriend knew exactly what to get you. He planted a kiss on your lips, smiling widely as you blushed.