being cute

You sighed, wiping your forehead. Making a cake for your boyfriend's birthday was harder than you thought. You shoved it in the oven, glad to finally be done. You let out a loud scream when two arms snaked around your waist.

"What you doing?"

"Nothing, just wishing my boyfriend a happy birthday."

He smiled, kissing your cheek.

"Thanks." He grabbed a towel, wiping the flour off your face. You shrugged, pouting at his receding figure.

The cake was done and you pulled it out, burning yourself only twice. You felt like crying when you noticed  it was burnt to a crisp. Your boyfriend ran in, alarmed when he smelt burning from his room. He chuckled quietly as you desperately tried to save his cake.

"Hey. Calm down."

"But..but your cake."

He hugged you, wiping away your small tears.

"It's fine. Having you here on my birthday is enough."

You smiled, hugging him tighter.

He lost his parents in some gang thing so you've always been there for him. He let go and you pouted from the loss of his warmth.

"So cute!"

He squished your cheeks, causing you to pout even more. Without even thinking about, he bent down to kiss your plump lips. The kiss shocked you but you kissed him back, enjoying every second of it.

"Best birthday ever." He mumbled on your lips as you smiled in return.