near death

You're tired. That's the only excuse as to why you're walking home from school, sluggishly dragging your bag and rubbing at your sleepy eyes. School has never been more stressful. With exams coming up, you barely even find enough time to eat, let alone sleep. You manage to see the sign leading to the big intervention that leads you home.

You sigh, watching the road. Thinking it's clear, you begin to cross.

A horn blares as you glance to your side, expecting a hit. You're thrown to the side as the truck speeds past you. Hesitating, you look up to see a god staring down at you. He searches your face, looking for any injuries. It is at this moment that you realise how close your face is to his. His breath hits your lips, his eyes staring into yours. Your breath hitches as he gets up, pulling you up into his arms.

"Watch where you're going."

Even though it's a scolding, he says it with a certain softness that makes you melt. You look up, again coming face to face with him. It seems, he too, was staring at you. He pulls away, about to leave when you stumble forward. He catches you in his arms before you hit the concrete. Your eyes are delicately shut, a peaceful look on your face.

Always the damsel in distress, huh?

He picks you up, shielding your face from the sun with his chest. He carries you to his tiny apartment and lays you down. Making a smart decision, he quickly cooks up something he hopes you'll like. He returns to the room to see that you haven't awoken so he stands, admiring how peaceful you look.

Little did he realise that this wouldn't be the last time he saves you.