abuse

You scream, hiding under the table as your dad drunkenly throws another glass bottle at you. It's been like this ever since your mother died. Hiding, running, screaming. Everything in your life was and still is darkness. Just a couple of months ago, you found a light that kept you strong. He didn't know what was going on and you found it better that way. Still cowering in fear, you stuck your head out in search of the man you used to call your father. You feel a sharp pain in your scalp as he tugs on your locks. He drags you across the carpet, yelling out everything he found wrong with you. You began crying, not feeling his hateful punches and kicks.

"Stop!"

You groan in pain as your father slurs profanities at the intruder. Suddenly, you hear a thump next to you and know that he knocked out your dad. Either that or he passed out. Strong arms pick you up as you whimper with every step.

"Holy shit, Y/N. Why didn't you tell me?"

You shake in his arms, crying for everything. For him, your mum and the fractured relationship you and your dad had.

"You're staying with me in my apartment and I'm going to make you feel better so you're my happy, little Y/N again. Just know that I love you, a lot. Never think that you can't tell me anything."

The light is beating the darkness, just as you had hoped.