Chapter 45

Phillip's Pov 

There in the door stood my sister, Hannah Carlyle, waiting for some response. Subconsciously I slid an arm around Lizzy, protecting her from my sister as she walked closer towards the party.  I heard Barnum whisper to Charity, asking her to take the girls out back. After the little ruffle of movement, we just stood their. Hannah looking at everyone before settling her eyes back onto mine and Lizzy's.

"I must say, I was quiet upset not to receive an invitation." She said picking up a flower and studying it then dropping it.

"There was a reason." I said, my voice laced with venom.

"You don't have to worry. I'm not here to ruin, this big day of yours. " She began as she looked around the room. "Or small day. However, I am only here to deliver a message. "

"And what would that be?" Lizzy piped up, stepping forward every so slightly, her courage radiating through out the tent. 

"Mother and Father want you to come to dinner....the both of you. They are expecting you there at six-o'clock sharp." She stated before sashaying out of the tent, not even letting us respond. There was a beat of silence after her voice stopped echoing around the room, and everyone in the room remained motionless.

"Cake anyone?" Lizzy asked, placing a smile on her face as she passed cake around the room, talking to everyone in the process. Making them, almost, forget about Hannah's ambush. 

****

After a while, Lizzy insisted that she change out of her wedding dress. Saying that it wasn't the best to dance in. She came back out not long after wearing a pair of red shorts and a white tee. A typical Lizzy outfit. 

I stayed to the side for a little, letting Lizzy dance with W.D for a bit. Anne walked up to me, still eating her slice of cake. 

"You did good. Everything, well nearly everything, turned out the way it was supposed to." Anne said, placing another bit of cake into her mouth. 

I chuckled lightly, not really knowing how to respond. "Care to dance?" I asked, extending my hand out to her. Anne took my hand and we began to a sort of upbeat waltz next to Lizzy and W.D. 

Lizzy's smile said it all. The way her eyes twinkled up when she saw me next to her. It was something I wanted to frame, something I wanted to look at all the time. 

One by one, the performers bid their goodbyes, eventually leaving Lizzy and I alone in the tent. We packed up the few things left out, things like putting flowers in vases and a few chairs back into the stands as well as back stage. 

"Lizzy, about what Hannah said," I began. I had been thinking about it for nearly and hour now, trying to decide what I would do....what we would do.

"We are going." She blurted out causing me to nearly drop a vase, catching me by surprise. 

"Lizzy, we don't have to. The last time we saw them wasn't pretty remember." I said, reaching out to grab her hand. Locking it in my own. 

"Phil, what if they want to reach out to you? What if it is the start of something new?" She questioned.  (Sorry couldn't help myself :D ) ." I want to go, Phillip. If they want a chance to make things right, shouldn't we let them?"

****

Elizabeth's Pov ( Later that day)

I waited in the carriage outside, ready to go see Phillip's parents. I wore the pink gown Megan had given me since I didn't think wearing the gold one was a great idea due to what happened when they last saw me in it... 

Phillip was hesitant about seeing them, I could understand why. But there was something else as well.  He was holding back something but what I couldn't decide. 

He hoped into the carriage not long after, once he had given the driver directions. He sat across from me, holding my hand and running his thumb along the back of it. Pausing once he touched the wedding ring. 

"You're now my wife" He stated, as if it only just dawned on him. A smile grew on his face as he lent down and kissed the back of my hand. 

"And you,are now my husband." I replied, returning the smile. 

"Elizabeth Carlyle." He said, testing my full name out (like he had done when we first met). "I like the sound of that." 

"Me too." 

The blinding lights of the upper town notified us that we had arrived at Phillip's old house. A house I never thought I would see.  It looked like my old house, fancy and over-exaggerated. A labyrinth in disguise. 

Phillip helped me out of the carriage, lifting me over the pile of snow at our feet. "Remember, I know every exit to this place. Say the word and I can get us out of here, okay." 

Swallowing my nerves, I moved my head. I held onto his arm, tighter than usual, as we escalated up the stairs, knocking on the front door. 

A/N 

Another short Chapter. Sorry about the shorter chapters right now, I just have a lot of assignments and homework but I am still trying to upload. 

Question of the day? 

What do you think will happen in the Carlyle's house? I am interested to see if anyone has been picking up on the little hints in previous chapters :D :D  

Have a great day/night 

Maya