Chapter 88

Lizzy's Pov 

The first thing I remember was the over whelming about of darkness. I've seen darkness before, the kind that makes our street like a photograph, everything a shade of grey. This isn't like that. This is the darkness that robs you of your best sense and replaces it with a paralysing fear. In this darkness I sit, muscles cramped and unable to move. I only know my eyes are still there because I can feel myself blink, still instinctively moisturizing the organs I have no current use for. I can't hear anything either.

As a child I used to wake in the darkness of the night and wish for the sun. The darkness worried me, my imagination supplied many beasts with fantastical jaws to lurk beyond the range of my vision.The night provides cover from the flesh and blood monsters of the day, the ones with their guns and official badges, the ones who can be judge, jury and executioner in the name of freedom. Those who discriminate to fuel their own power. 

Right now, I don't know what scares me more. Day or night.

I have no idea where I am exactly, blackness is all that is around me. One second I was laying underneath a tree, the next I was here on the cold hard floor, for what I can only assume to be wood. But it wasn't even the type of wood where I could see little bits on light breaking through the cracks, I think it must be thick beams stacked upon each other. Determined to keep out any sort of light, any sort of hope. 

Think Lizzy.

Okay, well first I should attempt to get up, see if I can get any sort of feel for my surroundings. Despite the tight material wrapped around me wrists, joining them together as one, I managed to push myself up so I could stand. 

Slowly, I made my way around the small room. Letting my hands graze across the edge so I wouldn't fall. My hands were probably blistered with splinters and shall shards of wood by the end of it but I couldn't see any evidence of light or weak panels nor was I able to tell exactly how big the room was .I couldn't feel a door any where so currently I was stuck in a room. In the dark. With no way to escape. And no recollection of how I got here. 

Placing my back up against the wall, I slowly slide down back onto the ground, attempting to pick out any splinters currently in my hands. 

I don't know what worries me more, the fact that I am stuck here alone or the fact that Phillip is out there somewhere, alone. Most likely the latter. Small whispers were heard outside, causing my blood to turn to ice as fear ran through my veins. 

Please Hurry Phillip  I prayed as a small latch was opened across from me, obviously high enough for me to miss, casting a small amount of light, causing me to wince. 

A/N 

Hey guys, this is tomorrows update today (if that made any sense). I am babysitting tomorrow night so I won't be uploading, so here is that upload. 

Have a great day/night. 

Love, 

Maya