Chapter 94

Phillip's Pov 

"Hannah?" I asked, almost breathlessly. Lets just say I didn't know about that part, and from my assumption, neither did Thomas. 

"Surprise to see me big brother?" She asked as her jet black hair stole the suns rays. Hannah walked further out, stopping as she was next to Lillia, her powdered skin illustrating no forms of harm. 

"You're not hurt?" I began to question, obviously Lizzy figured out more than I did, "But your room..." I trailed off as she interrupted. 

"Staged. It was pretty simple as well." She tells me in a matter-of-factly tone. I looked at her, seeing what she had become once again. 

"Why?" I exhaled, my voice almost caught in the wind. The moment the wind flew the words past her ears, her eyes narrowed and darkness gleamed over them. 

"Why?" She repeated back to me as she brushed some hair out of her face. "You'll find out soon enough. But telling you know and letting the apologize for you've done, that's too easy. You feel pain Phillip, more than me. More than Lillia when you left her. You'll find out what real pain feels like."  Her whole face darkened, she didn't look like a little girl anymore. She had a look of wickedness rather than a soft smile I was used to before. 

"That's why your doing this then? Because I left you?" I asked Lillia, moving my head towards her as Hannah sashayed away. 

Her reply was simple. "Yes." 

I waited, allowing silence to fill the space between us. Hannah looked over towards Lillia and gave her a nod, to which Lillia replicated before plastering on an obvious fake smile. " Now should we go get good- old Elizabeth here. Start the show?" Lillia asked, enjoying seeing me writher in anger and pain at the mention of Lizzy's name. 

"I swear if you hurt her..." I took a step forward, towards Lillia . 

"Uh, uh ,uh Phillip. I wouldn't do that Phillip. One more step and I might not go as easy as I planned. You can go when Hannah says you can." Lillia's voice threatened. I stopped of course, I was already worried about what they were going to do and I didn't want to aggravate the situation more. 

Hannah returned and told me to follow her, Lillia waited outside in the field as I walked into the barn house and towards a small room. It was made out of a thick wood and there seemed to be several candles around the room, giving a small amount of light throughout the door.  Hannah said that she would wait outside the door, that we would get five minutes and that was all. I hesitantly pushe opened the door and apart of me wished that I didn't. 

On the floor was Lizzy, sprawled out in a unnatural position, her dress in shreads - torn and stained, and worst of all the metallic scent of blood filled the room. I ran over to her, forcing the door shut behind me, picking her up into my arms and ensuring that she had a pulse. 

I let my breath out when I could feel her pulse against my fingertips. 

"Phillip?" I heard her groggily croak out as I pushed some of her light brown hair away from her sweat stricken forehead. 

"Its me Lizzy, were going to get you out of here okay? You going to be fine." I re-assured her as my eyes fell onto her leg. It was cut, badly. A knife wound I would assume and by the looks of it, it couldn't be more than a day old. Maybe even less. Blood had caked itself around it and it was already red and puffy. I know knew why she was sweating so much...she was sick. The wound had become infected. 

"Phillip? I'm sorry I didn't listen to you before." She croaked out, her voice getting lighter and lighter. 

"Hey, now is not the time. You are going to be okay." 

I don't know who I was re-assuring her or me. I was terrified that I was going to loose her. I didn't even know the five minutes had passed, until Lillia walked in, Hannah slowly behind her. 

"Look at that, the wound is already infected. I would give her another couple hours, a days tops." Lillia smirked, but Hannah just looked down at the ground. Something was telling me that she didn't mean for it to go this far. 

"Please, both of you. I'm begging you, let me get her to a doctor or some supplies to help her." I pleaded at the two of them, Hannah looked up at me. Her eyes catching my own before she quickly left the room. Leaving me alone with Lillia who just looked me up and down before smiling at Lizzy as she left. 

I could feel Lizzy drift in and out of consciousness in my arms . Jolting awake before falling back into a deep sleep. Complaining that she was cold when she was burning up. Telling me that she felt nauseous. Around 10 minutes later, Hannah rushed through the door, with nurmoeus supplies in her hand. Taking the cork off a bottle, she poured the contents over Lizzy's leg, causing Lizzy to wince in pain. 

"What are you doing?" I asked quickly as Hannah wiped down Lizzy's leg before threading a needle. 

"What does it look like i'm doing?" She retorted back quickly. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to let it get to this far, I thought I could stop it. Keep you guys safe." 

"What?" I said, taken back by her response. 

"You needed an inside man. Or in this case, woman."