THREE

/\/One month later\/\

Cathy's POV

It was the end of September meaning it had no rain and it was scorching hot in the country. I arrived at the apartment building, drenched in sweat. Why did I even made a choice when I know the consequences of it.

I tossed my keys on the table, placed my groceries on the table too then removed my shoes and socks. I took a shower to lessen the heat. After showering, I did felt more cool. I wore a white shirt and shorts, no bra because it's uncomfortable to wear one right now.

I scrolled through my phone while getting some food in the fridge. I sat on the sofa, eating a donut. I checked on twitter and instagram, occasionally liking stuff.

There were no updates on Squad K's twitter and Instagram account though. I guess everyone is busy on their vacation.

Since my mind was so blank, I didn't even realize it's been 2 months already since the Squad's last kidnap. Wow... So now maybe Chapman is gonna drop some news sooner or later.

I took another bite from my donut and checked our group chat. 

Cathy: Any news yet? 

Daniel quickly responded.

Daniel: Pretty soon now.

Cathy: 👍

I sighed and threw my phone beside me. "Thanks Daniel." 

I ate the last bite of the donut then drank a glass of water. I switched the TV on, hoping something might be good to watch. Turns out, there wasn't. I turned it off and think of anything that is fun to do.

So I walked to my room. No, I'm not going to sleep. It's too hot to have a good sleep. 

I sat on the edge of the bed, moving my feet side to side. Looking around, my eyes stopped at the guitar that was hanging on the wall. I might have forgotten about it after 6 months of not playing.

I removed it from its hanger and bring it with me on the bed. It was mostly covered with dust so I wiped it with a fabric that is slightly wet.

Like what I did on Lexie's birthday, I first played Photograph. It's the song I know best. I also know some songs but I don't think I want to play them. I finished 3 songs in a couple of minutes.

I let out a sigh, remembering how I got better playing guitar. I hung it back securely on the wall.

10 minutes went by, I still got nothing to do. I feel like I'm the most bored person in the world.

I opened my phone and sent a message to a group chat I was with Lexie and Allison. I'm sure they also doesn't have anything to do.

C: Hey girls, how are you?

A: Doing fine.

L: Hi Cathy. I'm doing fine. Bout you?

We had a short boring conversation so I went to YouTube. Watching videos ended with my phone having low battery. I plugged my phone on the bed side table. I didn't realize I had a short nap while waiting for my phone to be fully charged.

*ting*

There was a bright light that came from my phone. I checked it. I didn't know if my mind is joking me or something but I really do hope it was.

I'm so done with this.

From unknown: Hey, how's it going?

=×=×=

This chapter is such a filler but I promise the next one shall be more exciting. Actually, FOUR is where the fun starts. So yeah, I'll go fix it now.

By the way...

Did you know that Cathy literally has a real twitter account. Follow her: @DonutsMendess

Check out my twitter too: @SBiancaDC