FORTY TWO

Cathy's POV

Surprisingly in the first hours I was awake, I didn't felt sleepy even though I got only three hours of sleep. I even joined Jim to walk Rufus in the yard.

Though after I took my cup of coffee that is when I started feeling tired. I was drowsy when I get back to the tech room.

"Ok... what happened to you?" Lexie asked when she saw me yawning.

"I don't know. I feel so tired suddenly."

Lexie furrowed her eyebrows. "You weren't like that an hour ago."

"I know." I said taking another sip of coffee. I couldn't handle how my eyelids are so heavy so I closed them while drinking my coffee and talking to the others.

I heard Lexie say something but it wasn't clear. I asked her to repeat it.

"He's sleeping heavily that his snores are loud. He's laying on his stomach and his arm is hanging off the bed. But he looks cute with his morning hair, it looks so fluffy."

"That's kinda creepy, Lexie. And that you're staring during the morning like a stalker with a maniacal smile." Allison told Lexie.

They started arguing again and I just sipped my coffee. For a second, I wished I was sipping tea. I silently chuckled at me.

Allison and Lexie were getting louder so I opened my eyes and see what's happening.

"Who are we talking about again?" I asked.

Lexie turned to me. "Shawn Mendes."

I nodded.

I finished my coffee and went back to the kitchen to clean the cup. I was feeling much energized now.

I texted Shawn for no reason.

Wake up sleepyhead. They're staring at you like in loved stalkers.
Read 9:56 am

I'm gonna take a guess that he left his phone on.

I returned to the tech room and stood beside my friends.

"What happened?" I asked as I saw Lexie became quiet.

"Shawn's in the bathroom."

Oh, so he must be awake when I sent the message. I took out my phone and saw that he texted back.

Shawn

I'm up. What's happening today?

No news yet.

Just then, Chapman goes in the room.

"Good morning everyone. Get yourselves ready. We're going to make a message for the FBI and wear your Squad K hoodie by the way." He announced.

We all nodded and he exited. One by one, we left the tech room and went to our rooms to prepare. I texted Shawn about the just received news while on the way.

Shawn

Cola just announced, we're having a live stream with you in 15 minutes

Shit

?

What about my phone???

I was about to type that I'll get it once we came to his room but I realized that Chapman and Daniel will be more likely be the first ones to be there. Plan B then.

"I'm going there." I pressed send.

I ran to Shawn's room. I was on the other side of the house so it took me a couple seconds to get there.

"Shawn." I called, searching around. I knocked on the bathroom door. "Shawn, I'm h-"

He opened the bathroom door and in a flash, he crashed his lips onto mine. I was truly taken back. He disconnected three seconds later. I was still in the state of shock.

"What was that for?!" I was about to slam my fist on his chest but he caught it before it hit him.

"I should've done that last night." He smirked.

The way he looked at me last night. When his eyes flicked through my eyes and lips.

I heard a card swipe on the lock outside.

"I'm sorry about this." I twisted a vein on Shawn's neck and he became instantly unconscious. I immediately grabbed his phone then put his body against the wall and rushed to the door. Too late, Chapman walked in with the squad in a flash. Daniel pounced on me.

"What were you fucking thing, M.Dew?!" Daniel pushed me against the wall and I felt very  intimidated.

"I-I knocked him out." I gasped. 

Daniel seemed looked like his blood's boiling a lot after my answer. He slammed his fist on the wall beside me and with his roaring voice he told me, "YOU weren't wearing any masks!"