TWENTY SEVEN

Cathy's POV

"You look shit today." Daniel told me as I entered the kitchen.

"Thank you. You smell shit." I said back. He looks down on his sweat covered clothes.

"How's your sleep?" Allison asks.

I yawned before answering. "3 and a half hours... of sleep."

I sat down, my left hand stirring my mug of coffee while I rest my head on the right one. My eyes were still droopy so I ate breakfast with my eyes closed.

"I think someone should replace her on her schedule today." I heard Lexie say.

I suddenly bolted up on my seat. "No, seriously no. I can do my guard schedule today, you guys do you." 

"You sure?" Jim asks. I nodded.

I quickly finished my breakfast and took a shower that lasted 30 minutes, thanks to over thinking. I've been doing it for the past days, I think it's getting really unhealthy.

I then wore my long sleeves, jeans and converse. My phone that was still on the floor because it fell last night was low in battery. I charged it for a couple of minutes until I was satisfied with the battery.

*ding*

From unknown: Gooood morninggg Cathyyy!! 

Unk: :D

You have got to be kidding me. It's only morning and I'm dealing with this guy already.

Please stop, it's getting creepy.

Unk: Aww don't you miss my gmorning's to you?

I don't even know you so pls stop.

Unk: Don't know me?!

Unk: Mdew, it's Shawn

I said STOP

You want me to stop ok. I could just tell Pepsi I need to see Cathy

I knew he would blackmail me with this stuff. And this turns out to be my weakness.

No pls don't.

Ok you got me, I am Mdew.

But please dont tell this to anyone.

Ok :)

Are you going to guard me today?

I wish I wasn't

Dont worry it'll be fun hahaha

That message sent shivers on my body. It sounded really creepy for me.

Unk: See you then 

I unplugged my phone then walked to the tech room. 

"I need an earpiece." I told Allison.

"What for?" She asks. I didn't answer but instead found the case of a dozen earpiece.

"I'll see you guys later." I went to Shawn's. I put on my mask and fixed it a bit. My shaking hand took out my card. I let out sigh before sliding it on the lock. The door slides open and I took a step in.

Shawn comes out of the bathroom, his hands in his pockets and a smirk on his face. He was wearing a white shirt and black jeans. His hair was looking amazing.

I gulped as I could feel all the emotions on that day come back.

"Hey." Shawn smiles.

I couldn't get my mouth to say words. They're stuck in my throat.

"Cathy?" I hear Lexie say in my ear.

"Hi." I managed to say. Shawn walks towards me, I froze on my spot.

"How are you?" 

"G-good."

Shawn chuckles. Fuck, come on Cathy, act normal. This is getting weirder by the minute.

"How about you?" I asked him.

"Great, I feel much comfortable actually."

"Why because you're wearing an Armani shirt?" I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. Shawn chuckles again as he walks to his bed to sit.

"No, not really. It's just I woke up with a good feeling."

I sat on the couch facing him. It was awkward that we're staring at each other. Shawn's eyes are showing mischief and teasing while for my eyes are still and cautious. I was more careful on what I do now since everything I do might have a consequences.

Shawn's thinking about it too. I can sense it.

An idea popped in my head. I moved a little bit to the left so I covered the hidden camera. I took out my phone and started typing. I adjusted the font so Shawn can see it. I turn the screen to him.

Normal conversation but I'll also talk to you here. Bring out your phone.

He nodded. I started typing again.

"So how's your breakfast?" I asked.

Let's make a deal

"The sandwich was great, thank you whoever made it." Shawn nodded.

"Well it was D.Pepper who made it."

You shall not tell anyone about us

"Cool... was that your breakfast too?"

And what will you do? He typed on his phone.

"I made my own coffee and sandwich."

His question made me think. What am I going to do? 

I'll

Before I could even finish what I'm about to type, Shawn showed his phone again.

After this kidnapping, I don't wanna lose you again so let's stay in contact.

"Are there any plans for today? Another tour?" Shawn laughs.

Just people who know each other, nothing more

"Haha. You bet Mendes."

It's a deal then.

"I'm telling you I won't try to escape again."

Deal.

I signaled him to take his phone away so I can unblock the sight of the camera. The guys back at the tech room might be confused why I did this.

Just as it was about to be silent again, there was a knock on the door. Then Jim's head peeked in.