THIRTEEN

Cathy's POV

Allison, Lexie, Chapman and Daniel managed to sneak into our hotel room in the evening. We sat on the small living room as Chapman explains the new plan.

"Tomorrow morning, Jim and Cathy should go back at the van so that this next plan will be executed perfectly. Jim, you will pretend to be a waiter on a restaurant near here. You'll understand why later."

"Daniel, knock out one of the guards and pretend to be one. Walked with Mendes for a while until Cathy is told to fire."

"And what I mean by that, Lexie will pretend to be a fan. When Mendes reaches her, tell Cathy about it. It will cause a commotion and maybe panic or fear on the people."

"Cathy, you'll bring a gun and that will be the sign to move. Daniel pulls Mendes into the diner Jim is working for. Jim hypnotizes Shawn then we'll shove him into the van."

Chapman clearly explains. "I'll tell more tomorrow before we start."

We had dinner together just inside the room too. Allison checks on the cameras and tells us what was happening time after time.

It was around 9 when I decided to take a walk outside. I always love walking during night time instead of daytime. Lexie insisted she would join me. We roamed around the busy streets of LA. Cars rushing and establishments full of people. I've been here couple times before so I already know the way back.

"Oh look Cathy." Lexie grabs me by the arm, pulling me backwards. She points inside the restaurant beside us.

I froze on the spot. Shawn is eating with his friends, worse he's facing us, and what's worst, I think he saw me.

A surge of panic came on me. I darted away from there. I'm in a state of panic right now that I felt myself shaking when I stopped running. My heart was beating so fast. I was panting and sweat was covering my entire body. Fuck. I hate this.

Lexie's POV

Next thing I knew, Cathy wasn't beside me anymore. She suddenly ran like a murderer's chasing her. 

"Cathy!" I shout. She disappeared on the corner block. What's wrong with her?

I looked back at the restaurant. Shawn stood up and walked to the doors. Now, he was standing in front of me. I blinked many times before realizing this hot guy is looking at me.

"Excuse me but is the girl who ran your friend?" Shawn asks.

"Uhh... y-yes." I stuttered. "She just ran, I-I don't know why."

He nodded and turned around. Then he brought his hand up to the back of his neck and let out a heavy sigh. He faces me again.

"Could you- never mind. Thanks for saying by the way." He flashed a smile and waved goodbye before leaving.

"Holy crap, I just talked to Shawn Mendes." I muttered to myself once he sat back inside the restaurant. It might not be obvious but I was totally fangirling deep down at that moment. Before I went back to the hotel, Cathy texted me.

C: Lexie sorry if I left. I went back to the hotel.

L: Okie

In 10 minutes, I arrived at our room without getting lost on the way back. Allison told me Cathy went straight to bed once she got here.

I went to Cathy's room. She was sleeping soundly already. I sat on the edge of the other bed, thinking about the events earlier.

Me and Cathy were walking down the street, I pointed at Shawn who was inside the restaurant, Cathy sees Shawn. Then all of sudden she just scampered. Why?

Does she have so much hatred towards Shawn that she doesn't want to see him? What's the reason? I'm sure they don't know each other personally that could result to hatred.

There was a buzzing sound heard on the table. It came from Cathy's phone. I know it's wrong to invade other's privacy but curiosity just went over me. And there I saw a message.

From unknown: What are you doing here?