THIRTY THREE

Cathy's POV

On the way to the meeting room, me and Jim were silently walking that was when before we were joined by Allison and Lexie. They were snickering when they saw me so I switched places with Jim. There was a tension between us three. I now walked beside the wall.

We entered the dim-lighted room. Chapman was sitting on the middle with his crossed arms resting on the semi-circle table. The four of us sat on the other chairs and waited for Daniel. After about 5 minutes, he arrived.

"Ok." Chapman claps his hands, getting our attention. "Fifth day, Special day and I think I got the perfect plan."

I sipped a bit from my coffee and cut in before he says another word. "Let me guess, you're going to make us guess what your perfect plan is."

"Yep." He laughs. "Guess!" A wide grin was on Chapman's face. He likes this types of games.

Everyone was silent for a while since we're coming up with something that Chapman might do for today. Before, he planned to go hiking when we were with Zac Efron's brother, Dylan, having a dance battle with Rihanna with a twist and playing hide and clap with Chris Colfer in the whole hideout in California. That's Chapman on 5th day, Special Day.

"Is it music connected?" Allison asks.

"Yes, this is Shawn Mendes we are with. He sings and we shall also sing for the rest of the night maybe." Chapman answered straight up.

So I guess we'll stay up late tonight. What could we be doing that we should be up all night?

"Does it involve food?" Lexie asks. 

"Yes, but we don't need you to cook anything special. Just make sandwiches and the rest of us  cooking individually so no worries for you Lex." Chapman told Lexie. She let out a sigh, knowing her cooking skills could rest for a while.

"Do we need to be outside for this?" Daniel asks. He might be thinking about Shawn escaping again. That thought of Shawn stayed in our minds. He might not be the first one to try escaping but he was cunning.

Chapman nodded, adding a comment. "Of course, we don't want to set fire here inside, do we?" 

Music, Shawn's probably with a guitar singing with us, sandwiches, cooking our own food, and being outside tonight.

"Bonfire party..." I mumbled.

Jim must have heard me. He said louder what was supposed to be my answer.

"Aha! Bonfire party!" He snapped his fingers, pointed at Chapman and slightly jumped up from his seat.

Everyone was surprised at Jim's sudden movement. One minute he was quiet in his seat, listening to the others' questions and answers and then he suddenly got the whole idea. Oh wait, no. He heard and stole my idea and blurted it out. What a thief.

"Hey! That was my idea." I told him.

Jim shrugged and gave me a teasing smile. I huffed and slammed my fist on his shoulder, making him jump.

"Ouch!" He placed a hand on the spot where I hit and rubbed it. He looked at me and pouted. I rolled my eyes at him and looked away.

Chapman coughed awkwardly to get everyone's attention. I didn't realize they were looking at me and Jim the whole time.

"Anyway what Jim said and Cathy thought is correct. We are having a bonfire party at our backyard." Chapman said, stopping the almost starting awkwardness again.

He elaborated more what we will be doing for the bonfire party. The preparation, security, some stuff needed when an accident happens and especially what we are and are not allowed to do when Shawn is there even though he will be wearing a blindfold.

Later on, Chapman instructed us to get the backyard ready. Lexie made sandwiches for all of us then joined us on cleaning the backyard, removing the leaves and twigs that may caught on fire. The guys arranged the fire pit and put on dried leaves, twigs and firewood onto it.

We have just put on the logs we are to sit on when Allison's phone started ringing. The same ringtone as the past calls. She was standing beside me so I had the quickest glance of who was calling.

"Dad again." Allison lied. She walked back inside and I heard her sigh as she left.

Like I said before, one means nothing, two is a coincidence and three is trouble. And this time it has reached its limit. I need to tell Chapman about this sooner rather than later.