FIVE

Cathy's POV

WAKE UUUUUUP! CATHYYYYYY!

My body jolted up when my alarm went off. I snoozed it then laid back on the bed. I need my body to be more adaptive for more wake up calls and alarms when our mission starts.

I sighed as I get up out of bed. I went to the bathroom, did my routine and ate breakfast. I found a note on my phone. "Mason St, near Wendys, 2pm" Oh yeah, I must remember this.

1:40 PM

I should go already since I was planning to walk to the meeting place. I grabbed my phone and keys to the apartment and locked the door securely.

The chilly breeze of Canada hits me as I walk down the street. I stuffed my hands on my coat's pockets and walked faster. Soon, I arrived at Mason Street, near Wendy's and looked around to find my friends.

I saw Jim and Allison waiting on the other side of the road. "Jim! Alli!" I waved at them. They saw me and I carefully crossed the road.

"Hey guys." I hugged them both. "How was your vacations?" 

"Being a magician at the same a veterinarian is quite stressful I must say." Jim answers, fixing his black mafia hat.

"It was so boring, like I didn't have anything to do. Although I was with my family, it's more fun when I'm with you guys." Allison answers next.

I nudged Allison's elbow. "Aww."

Lexie showed up a couple of minutes later. Her blonde hair that was long is now resting above her elbows and she even curled it. Us four had a small talk until Daniel suddenly hugged us from behind.

"Damn Daniel." I said.
"Too close Dan." Jim tries to get lose. "Hi Dan." Lexie said.
"Dan. Let go. Please." Allison said, she looks like gasping for air.

He stopped and asked us, "Didn't you guys missed my hugs?" 

"No!" All of us answered. Daniel laughed then lead us to the hideout.

"Hey Chapman. What's up?" Suddenly, Chapman gave us another bone crushing hug.

"Like father like son." I said, wheezing.
"Happens to me every darn time." Jim said.

After the hug, all of sat on the meeting table.

"It is nice to see my Squad is here again." Chapman starts. "This coming weeks, our mission starts. That's why I shall give you your airplane tickets." He places the tickets on the table.

We picked one for each other. I looked at the place we are going. It was... "Los Angeles?" Lexie asks excitedly.

"Yes. We've been on L.A. a couple times now, right?" We nodded. "So we're all gonna stay on the same hideout. It was cleaned up a couple days ago, making it fine to stay there already." Chapman says. "As you see on the date... we are leaving in the next two days."

We cheered and high-fived each other. "Now, pack up your stuff and we'll see each other here tomorrow again in the afternoon." He clasps his hand together.

"Aren't you gonna say who the victim is?" Daniel asks, leaning on the table. 

"I shall announce it when we arrive at the hideout in LA. But for now, you may go." Chapman says and gives us another hug.

We went outside and bid goodbye to one another. I went back to my apartment and put my clothes and stuff in my luggage. I charged my phone as well.

Finally, this is what I call work. How I miss doing this thing with my friends who is also my second family! I'm so excited! The squad is really going to have fun. Wonder who the next vic-

I was cut off on my thoughts when my phone received a message.

Hi.

I rolled my eyes and decided to take a shower. I had my dinner afterwards then got ready to fall asleep.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Squad K has returned to business.