TWENTY TWO

Cathy's POV

I woke up very early the next morning. I decided to do something before my work starts.

Everyone was still asleep. Well it's only 5:00 in the morning. I walked to the bathroom and set my stuff on the counter. I showered then used the blue hair dye. I applied it at the tips of my hair. Yes, I am using the dye as my disguise. It'll lessen the risk of Shawn knowing me.

Two hours later, I went out of the bathroom. As I sneaked back to my room, a just awakened Allison saw me.

"Cathy?" I slowly turned to her.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"You dyed you hair, why?" 

"For disguise." I not surely answered.

Allison nodded, taking a sip from her coffee. I'm gonna make coffee for me later.

"See you later then." I walked to my room again. 

I closed the door behind me and let out a sigh. I threw my laundry on the basket. I looked at myself on the mirror. I was wearing blue long sleeves, gray jeans and gray converse.

"Cathy, time for breakfast." Jim knocks on my door.

"I'll be there." I said. I unplugged my phone and put it in my jean right back pocket. I fixed my hair before opening the door.

Jim got surprised when he saw me. He was obviously curious too about my hair. I raised my hand to stop him before he got to ask. "It's for disguise."

We went to the kitchen, joining the squad. And all eyes were on me once I entered. This is making me self-conscious a bit.

I made my coffee and a tuna sandwich. The squad is still staring at me. I groaned at them making me self-conscious.

"Could you all stop staring at me?" I glared at them. They returned back to what they're doing. Finally I could have breakfast in peace.

I went back to my room after breakfast to get ready. I put on my mask, fixed it to make it sure it won't fall or get loose. I put on the tiny speaker in my ear. I was about to get out when I saw my phone on my bedside table. I grabbed it then went to get Shawn's breakfast on the kitchen.

One more turn and I'll meet his room's door. I'm getting really nervous to meet him. My heart started to race and my hands start to shake. I took out my key card and hesitantly swiped it on the card reader.

The door opens.

Shawn's POV

I sat on the edge of the bed, staring at an empty wall. I was playing my necklace that someone special gave me on my 21st birthday.

I heard a click from the door. The girl who stopped D. Pepper or should I say Lexie, entered my room. I smiled at her.

"Hi." I said. She nodded and placed my breakfast on the table. I sat on my chair and started eating my bowl of cereal.

"Thank you by the way, for stopping D. Pepper. She was quiet annoying to be honest." I said, taking another scoop of cereal.

"No problem." I looked at her as she spoke.

I finished my cereal but I still want more.

"I'm g-guessing you want more c-cereal?" She asks. How did she know?

"Wow, we're you reading my mind?" She awkwardly laughs.

"You were looking sadly on your empty bowl so I thought I should ask." She took it and went out. She returned a couple of minutes later.

"Thanks." I said. She's wearing a mask but the lines under her eyes wrinkled indicating that she is smiling.

*click* I look back at her. She quickly turned her gaze to somewhere. I smiled then ate my last scoop of cereal.

"Did you just take a picture of me?" I asked her. 

"Nope." She shakes her head.

"Liar."

"Excuse me?" She scoffs and crossed her arms. 

"You heard it, I just called you a liar." I smirked. She narrowed her eyes on me.

"Whatever. I'm gonna post it anyway on your ig later." She admitted.

"You are M. Dew, right?" I point at her. She nods. 

M. Dew seems like a pretty chill person. I think I'll have a fun day with her today. M. Dew sat on my bed. We looked at each other. There goes an awkward silence.

"Haha awkwaaard" someone said through the room's intercom.

"Shut up Pepsi." M. Dew growls.

I slightly furrowed my eyebrows at her.

She was wearing blue long sleeves, jeans and converse. Wait isn't it like 40 degrees Celsius? Why is she wearing long sleeves?

"M. Dew, why are you wearing long sleeves if it's too hot?" I asked her.

"I could wear whatever I want Mendes; plus, long sleeves make me feel safe." She replied.