SEVENTEEN

Shawn's POV

"Hey Shawn. Do you wanna see some magic?" Slice asks. 

"Sure."

We sat on my bed. He puts his left hand on the bed, shakes it a little bit and a box of cards appeared.

"Woah! How did you do that?" I looked at him.

"A magician never reveals his secrets." He said. 

~~~

"Shawn, do you have a minute?" She asked me, peeping her head on the wall.

"Yeah." I turned the TV volume down a little.

She sits down with me on the couch and places 3 cups on the table. There was a smile on her face, it seems she's on her perky self today.

"Now what I'm gonna do is called the cups and balls trick."

"So it's a magic trick?" I asked.

"Yes it is." She chuckles.

Cathy did the trick and by the end, I was so amazed. I didn't know my girlfriend has some talent in magic.

~~~

Slice performs more card tricks; I became more amazed that I feel like a damn kid again. And of course some memories came back.

Pepsi announced a couple of hours later that it was time for dinner. Slice left to get my food. He came back with the same food I had for lunch. He left around 9 and I was all alone in my room with nothing to do.

Cathy's POV

After eating dinner, I went to my room with Shawn's phone in my hand. I need to check if Shawn is really the guy sending me texts.

I entered the pass code and opened messages. My name was no where found on the contacts but there was the letter X. I opened the conversation.

To X: Cathy?

Shit! I gasped and the phone slipped from my hands, falling on the bed. Of course Shawn would try to reach me but why? I always knew he hated me. I know he's angry at me. But how dare he send me creepy messages?

I placed the phone on the desk. I was so taken back now I know Shawn was the one sending the messages.

Around 10:30 pm, I went to the kitchen to make myself some coffee. Jim came by to make coffee as well. I left while he made his mug. I then went to the tech room to check on Allison.

"Hey Alli, what's up?" I asked.

She yawns before answering. "Not much. Just a sleeping Shawn." She takes off her glasses then rubs her eye.

"You're clearly tired. Let me take over a few minutes." I told her. 

"You sure?" I nodded and patted her back. Allison lies on the sofa and closed her eyes.

I sat on her chair and looked at the monitors. Shawn's screen was the one I was paying attention to. He was sleeping soundly. After 5 minutes, he started murmuring something. I set aside my coffee then put on the headphones and listened carefully.

"Ca..." "Please." "Ca." Is he saying my name or are those just some random words?

Shawn's POV

I was walking along a street, a street I recognize but can't remember where it was located.

As I continued walking, I saw a girl standing under a tree. I walked closer and realized it was Cathy. She was looking at the tree.

I approached her. "Cathy!" She looks at me. When I was standing in front of her, she started crying.

"Go away Shawn! I hate you!" She screams at me. 

"Please forgive me, Cathy. I'm so sorry." I begged for her. She runs away crying. I grabbed her wrist but my hand just went through. 

Slowly, everything starts to fade and I can't see Cathy anymore. "Cathy!" I shouted. I tried one more. But nothing happened.

~~~

Cathy's POV

"Well that was weird." I said to myself. Shawn was sniffling by this time. I think he's crying already.

"Hey Cath." I jumped from the chair then put my hand on my chest. I turned around saw Jim holding a mug of coffee.

"Don't scare me like that." I playfully slapped his arm. He laughed.

"What's going on with Mendes?"

"Having nightmares I think." I replied.

"He's a having nightmares, eh?" Jim chuckles. I nod. "Is he crying?" He asked, sipping his coffee. 

"I think so."

I faked a yawn and rubbed my eyes.

"I'm going to sleep. See you tomorrow Jim." I stood from the chair and walked to the door.

"Have a good sleep Cathy. Goodnight." He flashed a smile before I closed the door.

I took a quick shower, went to my room and opened Shawn's phone again.