TWENTY THREE

Shawn's POV

"Cathy, are you ready?" I ask her, walking into our room.

"Just a bit." She was trying to put on her necklace but fails. I walked towards her to help her.

"Raise your hair, hun." She grabs her hair in one hand and raises it.

I managed to lock the necklace in place. I look at her on the mirror.

"You look beautiful." I kissed her cheek.

"So are we going or not?" She raises an eyebrow.

I chuckled. I grabbed her hand and we went to our car. I opened her car door and she hops in then I went to my side.

I just noticed she's wearing a sweater. "Cathy, are you sure you're wearing a sweater? It's like 40 degrees outside."

She glares at me. She mostly does that to me especially when it's a thing she's seriously takes so I'm used at her doing that.

"I could wear whatever I want, Mendes. Plus, long sleeves make me feel safe." She looks at me. "How about you? You're wearing a black shirt and a flannel."

"Touche." I started the car engine and drove to our date.

~~~

Those words... maybe coincidence?

M.Dew snaps me back to reality. "So Cola told me to tour you around the place. You wanna go?"

"Sure." I stood up.

M.Dew opens the door. I'm wondering if she trusts me going out of my room. She slides her ID card to open the door and just as I was about to step out, M.Dew puts on a tracker on my shirt. Somewhere where I can't reach it. Yep, she's not trusting me.

We walked on my floor first. Judging by the halls already, this place is huge.

"You've got the gym here." M.Dew points beside us.

Woah. It was all the gym equipment I need in life. "Can we go inside?" I ask.

"Sure." She opens the door using her ID card.

This place is so cool. I started warming up but M.Dew stops me. "Let's go to the library."

We went to the boring library. I have never been a fan of books so I'm not interested in this place. M.Dew opens the door, this time not using her card. The library was tons of books, left and right. M.Dew pointed out different books while I just stood there hands in my pockets, hearing but not listening.

"I'm guessing you're a bookworm." I told her.

"Is it obvious?" She said in a sarcastic tone.

"Can I ask how many levels is this house?" I asked.

M.Dew turned to me and raised an eyebrow. "Why would you want to know?"

"Curiosity."

"Ha! But curiosity can kill you." She teases.

I rolled my eyes at her. I need to know something about this hideout. "Fine, how tall is this place then?"

M.Dew thinks for a second while looking at me up and down. "Maybe 20 times your height in meters."

You have got to be kidding me. I hate Maths! Plus I'm not sure what my height even is.

"Let's go back to your room." M.Dew says. We walked back to my room. When M.Dew opens the door, we were greeted by a dog. There's a hamster on my bed too.

"This is Rufus and that is Penguin." M.Dew says.

"Penguin." I chuckled. "That's a cool name for a hamster."

"Thanks to me" Slice said through the intercom.

"Will your allergies trigger because of them?" M.Dew asks, pertaining to their pets. Well looks like someone concerned.

"I think I'll be fine. Just need to wash my face and hands."

We played with the pets for a couple of hours until Pepsi announced about lunch. Slice went in the room and got the pets, M.Dew went with him so that she could get my lunch.

3RD PERSON POV

Shawn washed his hands, acting normally so it wouldn't be suspicious. 

"Hey Pepsi?" He says. He waited for a reply but it was quiet. Perfect time to execute the plan.

In about 10 minutes, Shawn's room door opens. 

"Hey Shawn, here's your lunch." Slice comes in instead of M.Dew. "M.Dew got herself some lunch so I was the one who brought yours."

Shawn who was hiding behind the door quickly rushed outside, locked the door and destroyed the lock. He looked around and ran. He runs into multiple directions in trying to find the way out. He got a bit of clue thanks to M.Dew. 

"MENDES ESCAPED! I REPEAT MENDES ESCAPED! HE'S LOCATED IN HALLWAY F3." Pepsi announced.

Shawn groaned, remembering the tracker M.Dew put earlier. He continued running until he saw an exit. He quickly run towards it. CRASH! 

~~~

"Told you this old TV's are still useful." Jim swings his hat on.

Daniel shakes his head with a small smile. "Come on, let's bring him back to his room before he wakes up."

Daniel puts Shawn's left arm on his shoulder while the other one was on Jim.

Shawn's Escape Plan: Failed