TWENTY SIX

Cathy's POV

Shawn and I have been together for more than a year now and it's a goal to keep our relationship for that time.

Shawn's tour ended about 2 months ago. We had secret facetimes during those days, same to my kidnapping missions.

I never talked about him about my job as a kidnapper. It would freak him out more if he finds out I'm a celebrity kidnapper. I only told him that I have business trips that's why I got to go for 2 weeks. He seems to buy it anyway.

Even if we only see each other in a short period of time, we had a lot of fun. He took me out on hundred of dates and gave me gifts. We have a really great, romantic relationship I didn't know it would end horribly.

Shawn became a little bit different a month after he came home. He doesn't mostly pay attention on me but instead he has it on his phone. It's with him everywhere he goes, never losing his sight from it.

I noticed that even if the battery is low, it's either he'll sleep, write songs or he'll leave the house for some reason.

One time, I hid his charger under some towels. When I got home that day, I thought he found it. Truth is he bought a new one.

After a few weeks, he started leaving the house for God knows where and what the reason is. He comes back past midnight, smelling like alcohol. I was getting more worried about his condition.

Today, Shawn left to go to the studio. I waited for him to arrive yet it was 10 pm and he's still not here. He's been 15 hours in the studio already. I was getting more and more worried a minute passes.

2 hours later, I heard keys outside the front door then the door unlocks. I peeped my head and saw Shawn.

"Hi babe." I walked to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Alcohol. That is what I smelled when I came contact with Shawn.

I looked at his face. Dark circles on his eyes, blood shot eyes, slimmer face, and messy hair.

"Shawn, have you been drinking? You look terrible." I place both of my hands on his cheeks, caressing it.

"I'm-I'm going to our room." He slurred.

He walked past by me and up the stairs. I furrowed my eyebrows as he almost tripped on one step. Drunk, really drunk.

Two days passed after a really drunk Shawn, he has now stayed inside his own studio for 8 hours. No lunch, no snack, no conversation with me. I decided to confront him this night.

I knocked on the door before going in. No answer so I let myself in.

There he was, too focused on his music. I stomped towards him and shook his shoulder.

"Hey." I said.

"I'm busy." was all Shawn said.

Long story short, we had a really big fight. It started off with being verbal but Shawn made it physical. He pushed me, I almost tumbled back. He shouted at me and I talked back. And then my heavy heart just broke.

"Look, I don't give a fuck about you anymore Payton ok?! You're nothing to me, just another piece of shit I met. Did you hear?! A piece of shit!"

He yelled at me before smacking me on my cheek.

I looked back at him. Darkness was all in his eyes. No spark or anything, just... darkness. That is not Shawn.

It was silent for a second then I rushed out of the room, silently crying. My hand was touching my sore cheek. Tears were continuously streaming down my face as I gathered all my things in my bags and hid it under the bed.

I never felt this weak for 5 years. Ever since I lost the man I loved too.

I took out my phone once I started getting calm. The nearest relative I have is Cristine so I texted her. She said it'll be alright. I decided to leave this very night.

Just one more night with him.

That night I sneaked out while Shawn's asleep. I carried my bags to my car and drove to my sister's apartment. 

As I drove, tears were streaming down my face once again. I didn't care if he woke up noticing I'm gone miles down the road. It was all madness, I was so angry. I was such a fool for loving someone who doesn't love me.

I wished I was paying attention where I was going a year ago so he wouldn't be part of my life.