EIGHTEEN

Cathy's POV

Even if it hurts me, I opened his phone. I also switched my laptop on so I can save Shawn's files in it. I plugged the phone to the laptop.

I first checked his documents. Hmm... lyrics and chords SM5. Saved to the laptop then deleted on the phone. I did the same to the sound recordings and videos. My thumb was hovering above the photos app. I sighed before pressing it.

There were thousands of selfies. There were a couple of group pictures and other stuff. I scrolled down a little bit more until I reached the past. I stopped on one picture. Our first date.

~~~

I twirled again in front of the mirror, admiring myself in your purple dress and silver sandals. Tonight is my first date with the guy I met a month ago, Shawn Mendes.

I heard a ring outside then some talking. Cristine must have opened the door.

"Cathy! Your date is here!" She calls.

I grabbed my purse, sprayed a perfume then walked out. I saw Cristine and Shawn talking, he notices me as I walk towards them. A wide grin appears on his face.

"Hi." I greet with a small wave.

"Hi, you look gorgeous." Shawn gave me a bouquet of tulips. He knows it's my favorite flower.

"Aww, that's sweet. Thank you." I blushed.

Before we headed to our date, we said goodbye to Cristine. I told her not to wait so long for me. She jokes off that I can stay in Shawn's place and have some fun. I put up my middle finger to her while Shawn was not looking.

"Whatever Cathy, have fun you two." Cristine told us before closing the door.

Me and Shawn headed to his jeep. He opened the door for me.

"So where are we going tonight?" I asked, putting on my seat belt. Before answering, Shawn puts his seat belt also then starts the engine.

"I prepared something special for our date." He smirks.

A couple of minutes later, Shawn parked the car at the side of the road.

There was a gazebo that has fairy lights hanged on its corners. The food was waiting on the corner with the server. 

Shawn pulled my chair and pushed it in when I sat. I thanked him. 

The food was served. Pizza and pasta, Italian it is. While eating, Shawn told me about how he came up with this idea, how I look beautiful again, and we also talked about our ourselves, knowing more from each other.

After our delicious dinner, we walked around the pond. There were a couple of lampposts that illuminated the area around the lake. It was sparkling as the moonlights hits it. It has also the reflection of the moon and stars.

While walking, I can see at the corner of my eye Shawn looked down at my hand. He glanced at me then intertwined our hands. I blushed, smiled at Shawn and rest my head on his shoulder.

Shawn took some pictures of us. "You look beautiful." He said, directly staring at me. I heard it a couple times this night but it still makes me blush.

Fireflies flew by time after time and the wind would sometimes blow. The aesthetic of the sparkling pond making the moment more romantic. This might be the perfect date.  

We sat on a bench under a lamppost. Shawn placed his arm around me as I rest my head on his chest. It was very calming, hearing the beat of his heart.

"Cathy?" Shawn starts. "How many times did I already told you, you look beautiful?" He asks and I chuckle.  

"So many times Shawn. I bet you even say it in your dreams as you sleep." He chuckles and kisses my head.

~~~

I sighed at the memory. It was a cute one but it made me sad and hurt.

I deleted all of the pictures but it is still saved on the laptop. After making sure there was nothing left on his phone, I turned it off and placed it on the desk. I also turned my laptop off after.

11:52, the clock showed. An hour has passed while I look through Shawn's phone. A real yawn came up to me. I laid in bed and pulled the covers to me. 

×=×=× 

The date flashback came from my SM imagines book. Check it out if you want to.

Sorry about the late update too :(