SIXTEEN

From unknown: Cathy?

What the hell?

I backed up from the girls and stood beside the couch.  

The person knows my name and where I am, based on another message I saw earlier. He must have saw me. I racked through my brain for anyone that can be this guy. Then it ended up to one, Shawn Mendes.

Shawn knows my name, obviously. We saw each other two days ago too.

No, this couldn't be him. He doesn't have his phone with him. But there is still a chance so I might as well check.

I walked to Allison and asked. "Hey, is this Shawn's phone?" I pointed at the one beside her.

"Yeah, why?" She asked.

"I need to check something." I replied, picking the phone up and switched it on.

Shawn's phone almost fell off my hands when Chapman with Jim and Daniel suddenly entered the room. "Allison, do you have Shawn's phone?" Chap asked.

"It's with me." I spoke then all heads were turned to me. 

"And why do you have it?" Daniel asks.

"I'm unlocking it." I said while tapping Shawn's pass code. Daniel scoffs and tells me I can't since I don't know. Turns out, I have proven Daniel wrong. And I found out that Mendes is still using the same code.

"How did you do that?" Daniel asks. 

I shrugged. "Stalking people can be useful at times."

"Let Allison make it untraceable first." Chapman told me.

I handed the phone to Allison. She plugged it into her computer, went to some sort of settings and it became untraceable.

"Here." Allison was about to hand the phone to Chapman but he stopped her then pointed at me.

"Cathy, you're the keeper of the phone and only you will have it." Chapman tells me.

"Ok then..." I scrunched my eyebrows and hold Shawn's phone.

Why do I have a feeling Chapman doesn't trust the others?

~~~

For the whole afternoon, Shawn's phone was with me. I didn't took it out where I know someone would likely steal it. I just kept it in my jean pocket until when I went back to my room later this night.

I stayed in the tech room the whole day except when we had lunch. I became bored so I went the chill room, Lexie followed  me after a while.

"So what's in Shawn's phone?" Lexie asks me while petting Penguin on her hand.

"I didn't check it yet. Maybe after dinner." I answered, not looking up from my phone.

"Well can we check it now?" Lexie scoots closer to me.

"Nope." I shake my head.

I'm not risking someone else will see what's inside the phone except me. There might be some files the squad or anyone should not see. Most likely it contains the files that is a year ago.  

I saw from the corner of my eye that Lexie frowns. She stood up and put Penguin back to his cage. She goes to sit beside me again, this time facing me.

"Why?" 

"Because Chapman told me to." 

"He didn't say that you are the only one who will see the phone's files." 

I rolled my eyes at her. She can be stubborn sometimes. I looked at her for a second but went back to my phone. "Still no."

She groans and crosses her arms. Based on her actions, I sensed it was disappointment. Why though?

I paid my attention back to twitter. "Aren't you going to cook dinner?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me." There's a hint of sarcasm on her tone. She rolled her eyes then walked to the kitchen.

I'm pretty sure something's on with Lexie. 

=×=×=

hey, sorry I wasn't updating.