FOURTEEN

Cathy's POV

Jim and I left the hotel just as the sun was rising. We put our stuff back into our luggage and checked out of the hotel.

Shawn's room was silent. He and maybe his friends are probably still sleeping.

Jim and I went to the van which was parked a couple of blocks away. Chapman was waiting already. We held a short meeting before the kidnapping mission takes place.

Daniel left after that. He knocked out one of Shawn's guards, hid him in the corner and put on his clothes. He also wore sunglasses to blend in with the others.

"2 guards inside and 2 in the outside." He reports. We saw him stood beside Shawn's room door like the other guard.

Shawn, inside the room with his team were having a meeting too. Andrew was mostly the one talking. After the meeting, they started to get ready for an interview.

For now we wait for further news from Daniel and Allison.

~~~

"Mendes is about to go out of the hotel and 4 bodyguards will be with him, counting me." Daniel whispered through the tiny microphone in his collar.

Some of the squad are inside the van, watching Shawn on the monitor and getting ready for the plan to do. I was putting a bullet in my gun, Lexie was putting on makeup, waiter Jim left for his fake diner job 30 minutes ago.

"They're inside the elevator." Allison told us.

"Make your move now, Lexie." Chapman told her. Lexie nodded then joined the other fangirls outside the hotel.

Chapman turns to me. "Cathy, is your gun ready?" I nodded.

"Are you ready?" He asks.

That question caught me off guard. Am I ready? I've been in this job for 2 years now and I am doing well but why do I suddenly feel I am not ready for this one. Like this mission was my second one. I answered Chapman's question honestly.

"Well to be honest I am quite nervous about this one but I can do it."

"Great, this is what you will do. Go to an alley 8 meters away from here, turn right and you'll see a mark where you'll fire." He finished and patted my shoulder. I put my gun on my back.

As I stepped out, mine and Shawn's gaze met. I immediately looked away and followed what was planned.

I need focus.

Shawn's POV

My attention was caught when a nearby black van's door went open. A girl stepped out from it.

Wait, is that... Cathy? No way. I paused my movements when we had eye contact. My gaze followed her as she walked away.

"Sir." My bodyguard taps my shoulder. I continued taking pictures with fans, autographs and signing some of merch and their other belongings.

My mind was on Cathy though. I was still curious about why she is here. She seemed to be in a hurry just like last night.

I was about to walk towards a girl with blonde hair when there was a gunshot nearby. The people around me panicked and the barriers went down. The place became crowded. It was all sudden.

One of my guards immediately grabbed me by the arm and took me inside a diner. Then a waiter approached us. 

"You'll find yourself slowly drifting with flow of the words that fill in your brain. You'll find yourself feeling the comfort. Sooner or later, you'll go into a trance, just like sooner or later you'll feel the relaxation which means sooner or later, you'll fall into deep sleep. "

And then I blacked out.