THIRTY NINE

Cathy's POV

"Cath, Chapman wants to talk to you."

30 minutes ago...

I went to the tech room, bored out of my mind and that is a place where my friends are usually found. Lexie, Allison, and Jim were there. Lexie and Alli were chatting in front of the monitors while Jim was playing with his cards. I sat beside him.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hey, I got new magic. Try guessing the tricks I did." Jim rearrange his cards, asked me questions, that made the magic trick end up right.

I thought for a moment and tried to remember the tricks Jim did. "You used two double lifts and a pinky break."

"I also used an Elmsey count." Jim corrected. 

Lexie called me after I chatted with Jim. I sat on the vacant seat beside her.

"So," Lexie started in low voice. "what happened last night?"

A lot of things happened last night if that wasn't obvious much. 

"Donuts changed my mood." I answered with such a chill tone. I instantly regretted having that tone, it definitely gave my lying off.

Lexie laughed. "You and donuts again... I don't believe that shit. There's something off last night with you. What was it?"

"Maybe she's on her period." Allison cuts in. Jim awkwardly coughed, making us turn to him.

"Girl talk. Don't mind us." Lexie annoyingly told Jim then she turned to me.

"Ok fine. I am on my period. I apologize for my mood swings." I said but that didn't stop Lexie.

"You're lying." She huffed. "We've known each other for years..." Oh crap, her voice is getting louder. Someone cut in.

And that's when Daniel came in, no knocking and just spoke once he laid eyes on me.

2 minutes after Cathy left the tech room

Am I in trouble? Or Chapman got some clarifications on his plan that he shared to me? But judging by Daniel's look, this is some very serious kind of talking. I asked him why and he just told me to go.

I rushed to Chapman's office. I knocked on the door before coming in. I heard Chapman called so I came in.

He looked... tensed. His body was supported by his arms that were against the table and his fingers were tapping heavily. His chest heaved like his breathing so much air. His dark grey eyes were scary as they were locked on me. The typical look Chapman has when he's upset or mad.

I gulped as I stepped closer. My heartbeat was getting faster as well.

"I am going to be very frank with you, Cathy." He was struggling to keep his volume down. "What is there between you and him?" 

"W-who?" I stuttered. 

"DON'T YOU DARE play games with me Cathy! You know who the fuck I'm exactly talking about!" He roared and I became more scared.

"There's no-nothing between us. I was just being kind and I thought he was lonely by hi-"

Chapman clicked something on his keyboard and the TV behind him flashed a picture and a video of last night. When I was in Shawn's room. But there was no one in the tech room that night.

"I knew something was going on so after you left the table, I left as well and checked on the cameras. And this is what I found!" He slammed his fist on his table, making me jump.