FORTY FIVE

Cathy's POV

I wiped the sweat all over my body with a towel. I heard an important notification from my phone. A message from Mom.

Cathy, is Kevin with you? I haven't heard from him for two days. 

No. I'm out of town with friends right now.

I start to put on an undershirt and stretchable skinny jeans while my mom types a reply. 

His college called yesterday and told me he wasn't present at any classes since Monday. His friends said they haven't seen him as well.

Have you tried messaging or calling him?

Does Cristine know?

Many times, no response. I told your sister before you.

I'll try calling him later.

Tell me if he answers.

Ha. Where did this guy went? Why would he be even gone in the first place? I know my baby brother well and he's not that type that likes going out for a light reason. I opened my his contact and called him. The five tries just went straight to voicemail.

I opened my closet and got the bulletproof vest. I topped it all with a black long sleeve. I put on my socks and lastly my comfortable shoes. Oh! And don't forget my mask.

Before I left the room, I looked at myself at the mirror. Crap, I forgot to about my hair. I tied it on a ponytail and wore a black cap. I placed it securely on my head.

I unplugged my phone from its charger. 76%, that's okay. I placed it inside my pocket and I'm done. I walked out of my room and stopped. I entered it again to get Shawn's phone. With a last glance on every corner of the room, I left.

The squad met at the meeting room. Daniel paced in the corner and phone on his ear. His face showed a worrisome expression.

"What was that about?" Jim asks Daniel when he walked towards us.

"Faith asked me some things about Roxy." Daniel's voice was filled with worries. Something is out of place.

We all wore the same color of clothes. At the table were the storage of the guns and weapons. Chapman opened it and we started getting our guns. I got my two guns and placed it on the holster at my side and behind me. I grabbed a throwing knife, just in case.

Beside the guns and weapons, we got our individual earpiece. We tested it and it worked successfully. Nice. 

After getting ready with our weapons and gears, Chapman nodded. "Boys, go get Mendes. Girls, come with me to the transports."

The guys nodded and marched to Shawn's room. Us girls walked beside Chap to the garage. The black Ford Transit was waiting for us there. He started the car's engine right before the guys brought Shawn who has a blindfold and hands are cuffed in front of his body.

Chapman opened the garage doors with a remote as we sat on our seats inside the car. Daniel was the driver, Chapman sat beside him. Me, Shawn, and Jim sat behind them and at the last row were Lexie and Allison. Allison was busy programming the tech in the car already.

"I'm guessing we're in a car right now." Shawn says. 

"Right with that, Mendes." Daniel replies. 

"And we're going to the meeting place?" 

"Right again." Daniel started driving on the highway finally. It hurts when you drive on a bumpy road.

The ride to the meeting place was 30 minutes away from the hideout. We parked the car sideways from the entrance. Jim went to a tall ride to become lookout. The rest of us stayed by the car and waited since we were about 30 minutes early.

"Can you tell me guys what's happening right now? It's so quiet that I feel eerie." Shawn says. He was still sitting inside.

"Why'd you wanna know?" I ask. I stood by the open door, guarding Shawn.

"Maybe because I don't see anything, M.Dew." He sassed. I turned to him and crossed my arms. He was smirking.

"Oooohh. Apply some ice on the burn." Lexie laughs.

I picked up a small rock and threw at her. She laughs more. 

"Slice! Got anything?!" Chapman shouts, cupping the sides of the sides of his mouth.

"Yeah, I think so! There's some movement west of us! Wait, wait!" Jim yelled back. "Nevermind! It was just some dirt on the binoculars! Sorry! No presence around us yet!"

For ten minutes of Shawn singing and us waiting, the FBI finally came. Jim announced it to us and we went on our positions. Chapman and Daniel stood in front as they hold Shawn. Me and Lexie a few feet away from them. Allison stayed inside the car which was questionable for me. Jim hid better in his hiding place.

Two black cars stopped in front of us. Both were vans, bulletproof vans. 

That popped a question in my mind. Why vans if they could just use an SUV or the usual Mercedez Benz. And why are they using two? Did they bring the whole SWAT team with them? Or maybe loads of cash on one car and the other has just people in it? We'd be very happy to get that cash and the car. It would cost a big one in the black market.

I was brought back to reality when one of the cars door's opened and out came the men in black. Ever since my first kidnapping, I wondered why they where suits. My own answer for that was because they want to look formal and it's not of my business actually.

The leader, I'm guessing, stood in front of them in a very perfect posture. He was wearing sunglasses, had his hands in front of him, and has a smile on his face. Hmmm.

I scrunched my eyebrows. He looked familiar, oddly familiar. It makes me ramble in my mind if I have seen him before or this is just deja vu or something. That is when I heard his orotund voice.

He cleared his throat before speaking. "Good day, Squadron Kidnappers."