one

"Emily! Hurry up, we'll be late!"

This was going to be a long day. Not only did I have to bring my thirteen year old sister, emily, to a meet and greet of her favourite band, 5 seconds of summer, but I wasn't feeling the best.

Perks of having leukaemia.

My parents were working as per usual. My chemotherapy and radiotherapy cost a lot so they had to constantally work to keep me in good health.

Want to hear my story?

I was diagnosed with leukaemia at the age of 11. Fun, I know. It has stopped me from doing many things in life but I don't let it bring me down. I missed several school trips, family gatherings and holidays as I spent them in hospital being treated for my disease. On my 15th birthday I found out that the radiotherapy had worked and because they found the leukaemia so early on I was cured. For then at least. I had to get many check-ups in hospital for the next year. Everything was going perfect. I was starting to live like a normal person again and actually feel like a teenager. On October 23rd of my 16th year I fell sick. Extremely sick. Same symptoms as before. My parents rushed to me to hospital and guess what? The cancer had returned. I am still fighting and undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy but I'm okay.

I was never the popular one at school or by any means near the popular one at school. When I was first diagnosed I missed over two months of school. Everyone eventually found out that I had cancer soon later. Would you believe that I had over 100 Facebook messages directed to me? People that I have never talked to or even heard of were messaging me- 'Youll be fine, your so strong! <3', 'I couldn't even imagine what your going through! Love you babe', 'stay strong xx' ect. ect.

Like seriously! Suddenly people start to care? I don't need people's sympathy when all they did before was snob me.

I have two close friends. Amelia and Nathan. They were always there for me. Since day one. Not day one of my diagnosis but day one of my life. We were born on the same day in the same hospital. We all share the same birthday parties each year. We go through each of our highs and lows together and make sure none of us go wild.

Life's sweet. I think...

I gathered my things and made my way to Nathan's car. He was dropping my sister and I to the meet and greet.

Emily was beyond excited. For a thirteen year old she was quite mature. I think my illness helped her see the bright things in life and how you could have everything one minute and nothing the next.

We made our way to the meet and greet while listening to Emily 'fangirl' about Ashton Irwin who she was madly in love with.

Nathan made little conversation with me. I think he sensed that I wasn't in the best of mood.

My aunt got Emily the meet and greet tickets for Christmas. She knew one of the boys parents. I knew Michael slightly myself from a music school I used to attend when I was younger but we've never spoken that much.

It's weird to think that four boys from my hometown of western Sydney are living their dreams in the big world.

I'd love to.

"He we are" Nathan said with amusement.

"Thank you so much for bringing us Nath! I'll send you pictures and everything later!" Emily said while making her way out of the car.

Nathan just chuckled and waved her off.

He turned his gaze to me.

"If you need to talk or anything call me later yeah?" He told me.

"Sure, thanks Nath" I said while leaving a small peck on his cheek.

I used to have feelings for Nathan but they've faded away. I have too much going on to think about boys or relationships. I need to focus on my health.

Emily and I made our way to the venue where the meet and greet was being held. There was only 20 people on average waiting outside. It started in about 40 minutes, so I say there wasn't many more fans to arrive.

"I can't believe this day is actually real" Emily said staring at the sky.

I laughed at how she was acting.

Let the fun begin.