five

I woke quite early the next morning. I planned on doing some shopping for winter clothes.

I grabbed a banana and a bottle of water for breakfast. I wasn't that hungry.

My parents had left early for work and Emily was staying in a friends. I was meeting Nathan and Amelia in town to spend some time with them.

I set off earlier than I needed so I could get my shopping for clothes done. Anytime I went anywhere with Amelia and Nathan we never got anything done as we always ended up spending our time in the pizza restaurant.

...

I searched every shop up and down but I couldn't find anything that met my expectations.

I tried on many different outfits but I just felt fat and ugly.

I gave up looking for clothes. Maybe it just wasn't my day.

I made my way to the pizza restaurant which was where I planned to meet my two best friends.

Amelia was bound to be late as she is late for everything. She will be late for her own funeral.

I walked up the small alley to find Nathan standing against a wall.

"WILLOW!!" Nathan screamed running towards me.

He hugged me as right as he possibly could and kissed my forehead. I loved that we were this close but it wasn't awkward or anything.

"Nice to see you to" I said looking at him.

He laughed and let go of me.

"How you feeling?" He asked.

"Meh"

"Meh?" He questioned.

"Yeah. I'm not bad but not good, you know?" I explained.

"Yeah" he replied sarcastically.

"So I heard you met up with Michael and the boys from the band" he said enthusiastically.

"Yeah, we were reunited at the meet and greet! Weird, right? They're so nice. Really down to earth" I told Nathan.

"Yeah, I knew Ashton from a few years back but never was that close to him. We weren't enemies or anything, we just never were in any of the same classes or got the chance to bond. Seems like a cool lad though"

Nathan started school a year before Amelia and I which meant he was in Ashton's year.

We decided to go and get a table as we would be waiting for days for Amelia.

"Table for three please" I told the waiter politely.

He addressed us to a small table near a window and we took our seats.

"Oh and here comes Amelia. Eventually." Nathan said with noticeable sarcasm.

"Hey guys! Sorry I'm late I got caught at home and-"

I cut her off by telling her its okay and that we were used to her being late by now.

We ordered a large Hawaiian pizza and three medium diet cokes.

"So Will, what are 5sos like?" Amelia asked winking.

"They're really cool guys" I answered truthfully.

"Got an eye for any of them?" She winked once again.

"I don't know, I hardly know them. I got on quite well with Luke I suppose" I shrugged.

"Oooh, willow dillow has a little crush" Nathan said which caused Amelia to laugh.

"I wouldn't call it that" I told them.

"Oh come on! You said you got on well with Luke when I asked if you had an eye for any of them. Of course that means you like him!" Amelia said raising her hands in disagreement.

I just rolled my eyes and sipped my beverage.

"So come on, tell us about him. Is he cute? Did he talk to you?" Nathan asked, sounding like a thirteen year old girl.

"He's kind of cute I suppose, yeah he has talked to me. In fact he walked me home last night. I was cold so he gave me his hoodie and refused to take it back" I blushed.

"Awh, sounds like Luke likes you too Willow!" Amelia gushed.

Our pizza arrived and we dug straight in. We finished the pizza in less than ten minutes between us.

Nathan, being the gentleman he is, insisted on paying for the pizza. Something he calls 'being the good friend in this relationship'.

We basically we in a relationship. Nothing romantic or creepy. I know what you're thinking. We were best friends since forever and practically shared everything with eachother. It was a special friendship. We went through a whole lot together and everything we went through only brought is closer.

...

When I returned home from town my mum was just after returning home from work herself. She asked me to accompany her to the supermarket to get some groceries. I gladly said yes. I got into the car quickly followed by my mum. She started the engine and began to drive.

We didn't talk much in the car. We were both extremely tired. The radio was enough to keep away any awkward silences.

We parked in an open parking space and made our way into the shop.

"Okay, to make this quicker, you should go get half and I should get the other half. I need to be home as soon as possible cos Karen is dropping Emily home in an hour." My mum said handing me half a shopping list and a basket.

Karen was Emily's friends mum.

I set off on my grocery mission with my shopping basket and half of a shopping list.

I made my way to the pasta aisle. I mustn't of been paying much attention to where I was going cos I walked into someone.

"Willow?" A voice asked.

I looked up to find Luke standing in front of me.

"Luke! Sorry I wasn't looking where I was going" I smiled at him.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. How are you?" He asked looking down at me smiling.

Okay, maybe this was a crush.

"I'm okay, how about you?"

"I'm good" he replied.

There was a short moment of awkwardness between us. That moment when you don't want to say goodbye just after saying hello, but don't really know what else to say.

"Oh I forgot! Calum and I are going to see mayday parade next week. Ashton was meant to come but he has a family party so he can't make it. Since you like mayday parade I was wondering if you'd like to join us?" He asked hopefully.

Oh my god. I have the chance to see mayday parade with Luke and Calum! Last time they came to Sydney I had tickets but I couldn't go in the end cos I was too sick. Stupid cancer.

"Oh my god! Yes. I would love too! Thank you so much, I'm so excited!" I said thankfully.

"No problem. I wanted to give the ticket to an actual fan you know? Look I have to go, we have band practise. I'll text you later on, yeah?"

"Yeah, cool. Thanks again" I said waving him off.

"No problem, take care" he waved.

Next week better fly in soon.

Thanks for reading!

Comment and let me know if you're liking the story!