twenty seven

It was the day of my three month check up.

I was going to it alone as my parents were working and Luke had a show in Adelaide.

Luke nearly insisted on not attending the show so he could come with me but I wouldn't let him.

I sat outside Dr. Connollys office waiting to be called in.

This all seemed too familiar.

Well I suppose it was, I've spent a huge section of my life in this building.

Everyone always gives out about hospitals but they're not that bad.

All the nurses and doctors are so pleasant. The food isn't even that bad. Actually I take that back, it is bad.

"Willow Dawson" a short nurse called out.

I stood up and followed her into Dr. Connollys office.

"Hey Willow, how are you?" Dr. Connolly asked with a warm smile.

"I'm okay, yourself?" I replied.

"Good, good. No one here with you today I see" she spoke.

"Yeah my parents are working and Luke is in Adelaide" I told her.

"Ah I see, so we'll get started with the scans to check you up and make sure everything is okay, yeah?" She explained.

"Yeah, sounds good" I smiled.

She took a few blood samples and I got a few X-rays done.

"The X-rays should be printed in about five minutes so I will have a look at them then and tell you the news" Dr. Connolly told me.

Fingers crossed its good news.

I won't be able to cope with more bad news in my life. It would get too much.

I say reading a stupid gossip magazine while waiting for my doctor to re-arrive with my results.

Soon the door opened and Dr. Connolly strolled in with X-rays in her hands.

"So I've had a look at them, and the other doctors did too..." she started.

I nodded in response.

"It doesn't look good Willow, I'm so sorry" she spoke softly.

I couldn't form any words. I couldn't believe this. The monster has returned.

"Stage four in your right lung and kidneys" my doctor told me.

I nodded again.

The room began to spin. So many thoughts were running through my mind. I was going to die. Stage four never brings a happy ending by its side.

** guys I don't know what each stage of cancer is like so please forgive me if I messed up with the medical information. This is nearly over as well :(

Please read myself and @noterinlol's new Ashton fanfic, 'Extraterrestrial'. it's very very different and original. Feedback would be appreciated, its on my profile if you're interested :)